Welcome to The Rainforest

Orchid's P.O.V

It had been raining for five days.

And I officially hated it.

I also was not enjoying the comments from the other dragonets about how, "as a RainWing ," I should love this weather.

"Three Moons! Why did it have to rain?" I complained as we continued on our treck to the RainWing Kingdom. We had decided a while ago to walk instead of trying to fly in the poring rain. "Hmmm... I thought that you would've loved the rain, Orchid." Tsunami said to the RainWing dragonet. Snowfall agreed with Orchid, She hated the rain, it made her scales wet, soggy and very ugly.

"Well RainWings hate rain. At least I hate rain anyways. Are we almost there yet, Snowfall?" I asked with an exasperated sigh. Snowfall sighed in frustration at the rain pouring down on them. "I think we're getting close," The IceWing replied. "I agree with you, Orchid, I don't like rain very much. It's to wet and muddy." Snowfall complained as they trudged through the muddy, damp and soggy forest floor. Snowfall's tail kept twitching in discomfort as they walked.

I sighed for what felt like the hundredth time this morning. I had a feeling that Windracer was still alive somewhere, and so did Shadowhunter Arid. But as for both Snowfall and Tsunami? They had no hope left at all. I mean, our group was a compleat mess of emotions. Snowfall wanted revenge on whoever killed Windracer, while Tsunami was sullen and depressed. Arid sighed and sat next to me in the grass. "So what are we going to do about this?" She quietly asked me. "I don't know Arid, I just don't know."

"Wow, It's so beautiful here!" I said. "I can't believe that I have missed seeing the sun, trees and all of these amazing things." I exclaimed cheerfully as she flew around the forest in wide circles. "Now It's sun-time!" Janbu exclaimed cheerfully, and he settled down comfortably in a high tree that had a raise of shining sunlight pecking through the leaves. I blinked and tilted my head in confusion.

"Sun time? What's that?" I asked. Janbu just laughed and stared at me like I was crazy. But it was the light blue RainWing who spoke up.

"Oh, sweetheart." Azalea shook her head. "Is that what's wrong with you?"

"I was not aware that anything was wrong with me," I said, firmly keeping her scales from changing color. "Not from a RainWing point of view, anyway."

"You really don't know what sun time is?" He asked, Mango just gave him a confused look. "Well kid, sun time is when we find a good place where the sun shines best, and then we sleep." I nodded, understanding somewhat. I curled up near a warm sunny spot and let it warm my scales. I smiled in happiness and contentment. My friends would be waking up soon, It wouldn't hurt to take a small nap... Would it?