Chapter 3

Today was Monday, the 26th of June 2023 .

Today marked exactly 12 years since my dad told me about the story of the vampires and werewolves.

And also exactly one week before my birthday.

Today was also the day my mom, Ethel Helena Scott-Browne formerly Wong died 6 years ago.

I was born on the 3rd of July 2005 to a Chinese mom and an American dad.

When mom died, Dad changed.

Things became very difficult for my dad and the pack because he had lost his Luna.

Julietta and I went to school at Everly High. We were both seniors.

Our school was located on the west side of the coast of Everly Island. It was a huge building. It was painted white and green.

The school uniform was a short black ,white and green plaided skirt and a white long sleeved shirt.

The skirt length was always mid thigh. The shirt had a green flying tie.

For the boys it was black, white and green plaided trousers and a white shirt with a green flying tie.

The school had a coat to prevent us from wearing coloured sweaters and hoodies during winter.

The coat was the same material as the green,white and black plaided material with the school's emblem, the Chinese Evergreen tree on the left side of our chest

I walked to my locker to get my books and go to my first class which was science, my favorite subject.

"Kimberly Anna Scott" a deep and raspy male voice called me by my half full name.

"Homer Jephery Collins" I mentioned his name and slammed my locker door shut. Homer was my best friend apart from Julie. Homer and I met before I was meeting Julie. Homer was there when I needed him and I appreciate him for that .

He was basically my twin considering the fact that we were born on the same day of the same month of the same year.

He cringed at the mention of his full name.

"You know, I would rather you not call me by my name Kim." He said

"Same goes to you my darling homer" I told him.

"Oh where's Evie?" I asked him because I thought of her.

"Oh..." He blushed " she is umm... A bit uhhmmm..a bit... Nervous? I don't know "

"Heeyyyy babies" I groaned as Julie made her way to us

"Julie why are you being so loud today? Did Troy put his loud voice inside of you after he kissed you?" I asked her

She blushed and I started laughing.

"Hey I'm still older than you dummy" she said , still blushing.

"Yeah, by five months " I agreed still laughing

Troy and Julie are mates. Troy already knew since he was three years older than us. He knew when he turned 18.

Once a wolf reaches the age of 18, he or she finds their mate. Some people's mate finding time is extended due to being at different parts of the world.

When the male is older than the female he recognizes her as his mate but until the female turns 18 she won't recognize the male

Julie turned 18 five months ago in February . When I found out she was my brother's mate I was beyond shocked.

Those two bickered a lot. A whole lot so I was very very shocked.

Homer wasn't exactly mates with Evie but they were in a serious relationship and I was scared for them both because if Homer isn't Evie's mate, Evie is going to be heartbroken and who would want Evie heartbroken?

Get why Evie is Nervous now?

Evie was a very sweet girl. She had blonde hair and hazel eyes and a heart shaped face. She had lips that I would die for. She was very pretty.

"How are you guys feeling? Your birthday is in a week" Julie asked.

I groaned. Homer rubbed the back of his neck. Something he does when he's nervous, anxious, frustrated or scared. And I could tell he was nervous and scared.

I think Julie sensed the tension. So she just said to get to class.

Julie, Homer and I have science together. So we walked to our classroom