Chapter 5

I walked towards the alpha's chamber with my heart in my throat.

I was scared. So scared I could shit myself.

I rapped on the door three times and loud enough for the alpha to hear me.

"Come in" he granted me permission to enter his chamber.

I've been here so many times but I still can't get used to seeing papers scattered everywhere on the table.

"Dad" I bowed to show him respect.

"Cassiopeia, what is this I'm hearing from Dumas? You being involved with the new vampires?" He asked me his voice dangerously calm.

"Dad, I know they are vampires and because of the war that happened some years before, we can't associate ourselves with them. But Dad, other than Jenna, I have no problems with any of the vampires at school." I explained

"Cassi, you know that I want the best for you right?"

"Yes dad I know"

"If you really love me please don't get near them. I really love you baby, I don't want you to get hurt okay" he kissed my hair.

"Alpha, Luna wishes to see you," my father's guard, Luca informed us.

At the mention of my step mother, I rolled my eyes.

"Honeyyyyyyy, how have you been? Was your day good?" She entered the chamber and attacked my father with kisses .

My step mother, Natasha Scott-Browne formerly Natasha Montefiore was an Italian woman.

My dad met her when we travelled to Italy 4 years after my mom's death basically 2 years ago to see what was happening with our pack in Italy.

She was with her friends when we saw her.

FLASHBACK

"Dad can we go to the Pizzeria over there? I'm craving Salami pizza. Please?" I pleaded with my dad.

"Sugar, I can get you the pizza and leave to attend to the matters at hand. You know your way home right?"

"But Dad this is Italy not Evergreen Island" I pouted at him. He could not resist such a cute face(Evergreen Island is a made up place and that is where the main characters and their friends and family are staying except Felix's family... Also I know the name of the Island is dumb.. I could not come up with any proper name you can suggest some names tho)

"Okay fine I'll stay and also let me not forget you looked like an ant in labor when you pouted"

"Dad! ants don't even go into labor. They just lay eggs" I argued as we walked into the Pizzeria.

We sat in a secluded space near the window .

A group of ladies were having a get together next to us .

I noticed that dad started to fidget with his fingers and his legs were shaking

"Dad, are you okay? What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Umm, Cassiopeia, have you ever been told about the love life of royal alphas?" He asked me , sweat forming on his forehead.

"No. Dad you are my storyteller. I wouldn't know about anything unless you tell me." I responded.

"I guess I have to tell you now. You know that we are from the highest rank of werewolves right? You know we are royals. Because of our status, we have more privileges. Royal Alphas have the privilege of finding more than one mate. Your mom was my first and now I can see my second " he exhaled loudly and closed his eyes.

"So you have a second mate? Wow. Why do royal alphas have more than one mate?" I asked, curious to know more.

"A century after the inci-"

"Good evening, welcome to the Montalbano Family's Pizzeria, what would you like to drink?" The tall and handsome waiter whose name tag read 'Mateo' asked us. He had blue shoulder length hair which was tied in a neat ponytail.

"What's on the menu?" My dad asked since I was busily checking Mateo out.

"There's sprite, coke and a few shakes and smoothies but let me get the new menu with the available shakes and smoothies" he walked back to the counter

"You can stop checking him out now Cassi" my dad rolled his eyes

"Dad , it's not every day you get to see someone as handsome as Mateo. He's rare and he's an endangered species of humans" I told my dad whilst still checking Mateo out.

"Oh God. How I wish Troy wasn't in college He's better at handling you" He grumbled.

A/N.

Hi guys. Hope you all are doing great. Its been long since I gave you guys an update so here we go. This is part one of chapter 5. Part two will be published soon. Also Thank you guys soo much for 100+ reads. It means a lot. Thank you for giving this story a chance. Please don't be a silent reader. Also please don't forget to vote 😉. Ilysm. Thank you. Also I'll post part two only if I get 10+ votes so I'll be working on it pretty fast.. Thank you so much guys. Ilysm