Unexpected encounter

Once the biggest businessman of the country, full of confidence, who could win over anyone and everyone with his charm The Ram Kapoor along with some employees was now sitting in the conference room of 'PRK Group Of Industries' nervous as PRK industries was a big name they reached great heights within the span of 4 years , whereas his 'RK urbans' was just a small business they were no where close to the PRK industries, he with a lot of efforts and sources somehow managed to get an appointment that too at 10 in the night as all other schedules were fixed and their was no other appointment available for next 6 months .

He stood up from his seat when he heard the door open, his already pale face lost even more of its colour when he turned towards the door ;

A woman in her late thirties entered , she was a wearing a black coat over a white shirt, her long black hair were swaying , her face was cold and emotionless .

His eyes which were now filled with tears met hers which were blank, his jaw clenched and fist tightened, the eyes which had tears seconds before were now filled with anger and rage .

He just wanted to get out from there but he knew he could not do it, as this meeting is very important for his company, his employees have worked day and night for this one presentation, he cannot let their hardwork go in vain just because of his anger and past . So he just closed his eyes and took a deep breath to control his emotions.

The women who was none other than Priya, knew who was the owner of 'RK urbans' therefore she had rejected his appointment requests earlier but when she got to know that his company is on the verge of bankruptcy she couldn't stop herself .

Priya moved towards her seat , she had mastered the art of hiding her emotions over the years , but today it was becoming very difficult for her to maintain her cold facade seeing his blue orbs which once used to look at her with so much love were now filled with rage and hate .

She instructed everyone to start the meeting before it becomes impossible for her to hide her inner turmoil .

⏳⏳

The meeting ended, Priya stood up from her seat and went out of the conference room after telling everyone that her manager will get back to them to tell about her decision .

Ram smirked at her , " I know Priya you will not give us the deal afterall your so-called husband won't like you working with me ", he thought to himself .

Everyone left the room after Ram told them to go back and he would see them tomorrow in the office .

Ram just sat there , he didn't have any power left as if his soul had left his body , he could no longer control his emotions and banged his head on the table and started sobbing profusely .

Few minutes later Priya entered the conference room as she forgot to take her phone. She saw Ram putting his head down and wailing like a baby , he was so lost in his grief that he didn't notice her coming . Her own eyes turned moist and her heart broke into a million pieces, her stomach twisted into a knot, she knew she was the reason for Ram's condition . She could no longer stop herself and went near him, gently putting a hand on his head and called " Ram".

He was crying when he felt a hand on his head and heard someone calling him , he knew who that someone was ...... the last person he would want to see in such a state , he quickly wiped off his tears because she clearly doesn't deserve to see him in such a vulnerable state . He clenched his jaws , " It's Mr.Kapoor for you ", he snapped back, shooting daggers at her with his eyes .

Hearing his roar , she flinched and moved back.

" Don't worry tumhare office se kuch nhi chura ke le jaunga , main bas ja hi raha tha ", saying so he got up from his seat and went towards door .

" Mr.kapoor ,mera vo matlab nhi tha main bas apna phone lene aai thi when I saw you crying islie bas ", she said moving a little towards him .

" Bahot Khushi mili hogi na mujhe aise dekh ke , yhi to chahti hogi tum , to le lo ye khushi bhi le lo " , his voice filled with anger and hurt .

He knew he will not be able to control his emotions for long so quickly turned to open the door , he pulled the handle but it didn't open .

Seeing him pulling the door ,she went a little towards him,

" I think guard ne bahar se lock ker diya hai , he might have thought ki everyone left, let me open it from the inner lock " she told him and went towards the door .

He moved a little back , to give her space to open the door , her hairs swayed and fell on his face ...... the same old vanilla fragrance filled his nostrils and calmed his senses when he heard a loud " shit " he came back to the reality and asked ," now what happened".

" The inner lock is not working " , she answered.

" Then call someone to open it " he said in a irritated tone.

" This is the new guard ,I don't have his number , and my P.A. is also on leave " , she whispered in horror .

" What the... , aur tum mujhe careless bolti thi now call any of your manager or anyone ," he scoffed .

She tried dialing her manager but his phone was switched off , when she told him this , she could see his eyes turning darker .

" Great !! Can this day be any worst now I am stuck with you ", he banged his fist on table .

" Mr. Kapoor kya ker rhe hai aap , main bhi to yhi apke sath fasi hui hu na , app ye sab kerna band karenge please, aise hath pair chalane se kuch nhi hone wala", she said irritated , as he was now getting on her nerves .

"Don't you dare order me , we are no longer in a meeting " , he pointed a finger towards her while saying this.

She was completely done with him , so silently went to other side of the table and sat on one of the chairs putting her head down .

Seeing her ignoring him , he ran his fingers on his hair to control his rage . He clearly didn't have any option then being stuck there with her, sighing he went towards the window which was on her side of table .

-----------------------------------------------------------

So that was it ,

Do share your views ;

What do you think will happen next 👀?

Who is Priya's husband??

What happened to kapoor urbans ??

The next part will be published after 50 votes (I know too much but hehe) or on next Tuesday.

(Note :- since it's a short story, the events will turn quickly.)

Drop your suggestions and feedback.

Love & Peace
~ Shivangi