Chapter 7: Work First, Flirt Second

This took so much longer than I expected because I kept getting distracted by my dance playlist and ended up dancing instead of writing :)

~~~

Natasha

Natasha sighed as she stood in front of her full length mirror and tugged her jersey over her head. Mondays weren't her favourite, especially not at the start of the new school year, but she had more responsibilities now. A takeaway cup of coffee perched on the edge of her dresser and she took a sip, desperately wishing for the caffeine to kick in soon.

The black and turquoise football jersey was her favourite item of clothing. Flirting with the captain of the football team for long enough to get her own personalised one sure was worth it, even if it meant putting up with guys. Safe to say her move of dumping Steve the moment she got her jersey was a powerful one at that, and only inflated her terrifying reputation.

Her laptop sat open on her desk, this semester's rehearsal schedule on her tab. It was jam packed, but they had no room for slackers. If someone didn't want to show up or put in the work, Natasha would have no problem replacing them in an instant. Getting onto the P.O dance team was no mean feat.

"Hey, we gotta go. You ready?" Maria poked her head around the door, backpack slung over her shoulder. Their decision to get a house just off campus was definitely for the best, giving each of the six girls in there some privacy that just wouldn't come with being in dorms. Everyone was on the dance team anyway, so it made rehearsals easier too.

"Yeah, I'll be right there," Natasha answered,  brushing some lint from her chest and grabbing the rest of her supplies. She checked the time on her phone and quickly swiped up into her messages, thumb hovering over Yelena's contact momentarily. Having her sister at the same university still hadn't got any easier, but luckily the younger blonde wasn't exactly a threat to her reputation. Yelena was loveable and stayed clear of trouble, winning over everyone she met with her wide smile and bubbly personality. How the two of them were sisters when they were such polar opposites, it was a true mystery.

To: Yel 🐻

Have a good first day. Don't do anything stupid. Luv u :)

Emojis weren't really her thing, so a simply smiley would do enough. She tucked her phone into the back pocket of her jeans and raced down the stairs, scarlet hair swinging down her back as she ran and tried not to spill her drink. Maria honked her horn just as Natasha pushed open their heavy front door and she rolled her eyes, climbing into the passenger seat and not paying any attention to the brunette's rambles about being late.

It was only a ten minute drive, but the girls preferred driving and having access to a car if they needed for emergencies. Natasha's first class was Russian history, which she despised, and the sour look on her face sent freshmen scurrying away as she stalked down the halls towards her lecture theatre. She wasn't even that tall, yet her presence was that of a six foot body builder, with everyone giving her as much space as possible in the narrow hallway. A few tried to smile at her but she just narrowed her piercing eyes and they dropped their heads, muttering to their friends.

She sank down into her seat and pulled out her laptop, getting the digital textbook open before grabbing her phone and scrolling through her socials. Yet more random accounts had started following her instagram, but she didn't care. Probably just the same freshman she'd seen in the halls. She took a quick photo of her laptop and tumbler cup, posting it to her instagram story with a little caption of text. Natasha wasn't an influential figure by choice, but she kept up her mysterious and fiery persona across her social media accounts. Her feed was aesthetically pleasing to look at, of course it was. Natasha Romanoff was as put together as they came. Nothing out of line, everything just perfect, exactly the way she wanted it to be.