Chapter I: Knowing You Doesn't Mean Love

Aya's POV:

"Sigh, I've finally arrived at school. And right before the bell.", I said while glancing at my watch that's mixed with a lot of bracelets on my wrist. Those bracelets were from my childhood friends, I miss them so much. "I'll be going now, bye Dad! Be careful on the road!", I said while waving goodbye to my father, then I rushed towards the entrance gates to enter the school.

As I was walking towards the school gate, I bumped into someone. I was surprised, because I didn't expect to bump into him on this fairly quiet morning. I had bumped into my partner, Haikal. I immediately apologized to him. "E-Eh! Sorry Kal! I wasn't looking at the road!"

I fixed my hair which had become a little tangled due to the collision. I thought Haikal would reply to my apology in some way, but he just passed me by in a cold manner. With a feeling of confusion and sadness within me, I entered the school with fast footsteps, then headed to the 3rd floor of the school, and immediately entered the classroom without saying anything.

I immediately sat in my chair and read my Math textbook, because my class has a Math test today. "Ugh... I really don't understand this material, I'm gonna get a bad score for sure..." I whispered to myself. "You confused?", asked someone next to me, I was a little startled by his voice. A guy's voice. I answered without looking to the side, "Yes... I still don't understand how to calculate percentages, like this part over here...", I pointed at a part of the book. But when I looked next to me...

Oh, it turns out it's just my deskmate, Jackie. To be honest, I know Jackie has feelings for me, but he's forced to hide his feelings because he knew I was already with Haikal, so we're just friends. "Want me to help, Ay Ay?", he offered with a sweet smile. I thought about it for a moment, then accepted his offer, "Sure, Jack." Then, we discussed the Math test material, until the bell rang.

What I didn't realize was that Haikal was actually watching us with a sharp gaze, accompanied by very heavy feelings of hatred and jealousy. Jack and I finally finished discussing material that was difficult for me to understand, exactly when the bell rang so loudly and cheerfully.

Yuri's POV:

"Why..? Why do I feel so worked up? Seeing my own friend get so close to Cahya? It hurts, it hurts so much, seeing them laugh at each other and complement each other's words.", I thought to myself. I tried not to care, but it's so hard. I felt like I wanted to replace Jack with myself right then and there, but there was something, someone holding me back from doing that.

It's sad to know that soon, Cahya will be moving schools, moving abroad to be specific, which will make it very difficult for us to meet, unless I go on holiday to where she is, but that will definitely be expensive. I felt like crying, I felt like screaming, I felt like I wanted to rebel against the two people who were holding me back from interacting with her, but I couldn't, I had to hold all those feelings inside me.

After making our morning vows, I immediately sat back at my desk, feeling tired and dizzy. I could have gone to the Infirmary, but I'm not that weak. I can't look weak, not at all. The first lesson has started, and unfortunately, it's the lesson I hate the most, and the fact I'm in my dizzy and very tired condition right now makes it all more worse. Science lesson, but I forced myself to follow the first lesson until the end.

"I feel really dizzy... I feel nauseous... Should I go to the Infirmary? Just this once? I can't really stand it...", I thought to myself. Suddenly, the most unlucky thing happened to me. I was told answer the questions in front of the class blackboard. "Shit! Why me?!" I was very panicked, but I forced myself to stand up and go to the front of the class to write on the blackboard. Luckily at that time my body was able to cooperate with me, so I was able to solve the problem well.