Chapter 1

I stared at Cole and Rowan, my mate gaping at me with wide eyes before he cursed to himself and turned to Rowan, flexing and unflexing his jaw. He looked pissed.

"You're a fucking idiot," he growled, turning his back on him and shooing him out of the house. Rowan quickly disappeared, realising his mistake that Cole was clearly yet to inform of the news- the news regarding my own body.

"I'm pregnant?" I muttered, practically to myself as Cole looked at me with furrowed brows, his mouth half open as he tried to think of some way to explain why he hadn't told me.

"Rowan and I are stronger wolves, so we could smell the change in your scent," Cole explained, gripping me by the biceps and bending so he could look into my eyes. "I know that I should have told you, but I only realised that you smelt different after I returned from heading back to your colony to fight. You were still healing and had been through so much. I wasn't sure if you even wanted to have a child with me."

Gulping, my hands instinctively flew to my lower abdomen, and I pressed down on it gently, feeling for any differences. It felt the same though, no prominent bump there.

Did I want a child now? The honest answer was no. In my opinion, I was a little too young and had a lot of learning and growing to do, but, I couldn't deny that the thought of raising babies with Cole caused my insides to flutter. I wanted to start a family with him. I just hadn't expected it to be so soon.

"It's still extremely early days, and there is a high chance of you miscarrying because of the shape you were in when we found you," Cole continued. "I didn't want to tell you that you were carrying our child, only for it to die hours later."

"I'm on contraception," I muttered, pushing my hair away from my face, but taking Cole's hand once I realised how stressed and hurt he looked. He thought I was unhappy that I was pregnant.

"Contraception is never full proof."

The world around me was spinning and I moved closer to the kitchen table, sitting myself down on one of the chairs, Cole moving to crouch down in front of me. He placed his hands on my thighs, gazing up at me with worry, grinding his teeth together.

"Reya, look, if you don't want it, we can go to the doctors and we can-."

Cole's voice cracked as he spoke, and I could tell he was trying to remain neutral. I knew what he was about to say though, and I placed my hand on his cheek to stop him, shaking my head. I sighed, smiling sadly at him. "Cole, stop. It's just a shock. I wasn't expecting it, but I wouldn't terminate the baby because of that."

Nodding, my mate inhaled deeply. "Rowan shouldn't have said it out of the blue like that, and I'm going to be having a very serious word with him about it. I wanted to be the one to tell you."

Shaking my head, I released a small chuckle. "Don't be too hard on him. I'm sure he didn't mean to. He would never take that away from you on purpose."

Rowan wasn't a kids guy, but he understood why people wanted them. I knew he didn't mean to rid Cole of the opportunity to tell me I was carrying his child. It was an honest mistake.

Cole smiled at me, flashing his teeth. "Does that mean we're keeping it?"

I nodded, smiling when he lunged forwards and wrapped his arms around me, pressing a trail of kisses down my neck. His teeth scraped the area where my mark had once been, and I leaned back, allowing him better access, the feeling causing me to arch my back.

I wanted to feel his teeth sink into me. I wanted him to mark me as his, allowing me to do the same to him and have our scars unable to fade. I was upset that mine was now gone, even though the circumstance in which I had received it wasn't fantastic.