The morning after

The sun shines down brightly from the high windows. I feel an arm wrapped tightly around my waist, and a leg hooked over my own. Who on earth is in my bed. 

I take another moment to try to figure out where I am. I squint my eyes shut against the bright light as I try to look for Daph. As long as I'm in my own dorm, it's all alright. Suddenly, I become consious of what I'm wearing, I lift the covers just to double check.

Yep.

I am layed in a bed, snuggled up to god knows who, all the while I am only dressed in my underwear. I slowly shift away from the arm wrapped around my waist, and I see my clothes in a neat folded pile on the floor.

I never fold. Me and Daph get the house elves to do it for us. Confusion eats at me, I hear a yawn and a grumble. I have two choices, I can either pretend to be asleep and slip out of the dorm when he leaves, or I can get up and leave, holding my head high. But who am I leaving in this dorm, who's strong, veiny arm was wrapped around my middle.

I roll onto my back, like a coward, I pretend to be asleep. Mr Mysterious sits up in bed, then peers over to look at me, "Good morning, sleepy head." A deep, raspy voice says. He tucks a stray piece of hair behind my ear, his touch gentle with care. That catches my attention, I try to discreatly open my eyes without him noticing, but he seems to catch me out.

"Ahh so you are awake after all. Just admit it, you haven't already left because you wanted to stay in bed with me," the voice replies.

"Why am I your bed, with you," I ask, ignoring his comment.

"I could ask you the same thing," Theordore replies, "I make my way to bed at half one in the morning, and see you in a drunken mess, already asleep in my bed."

"Why on earth would I ever willingly choose to sleep in your bed, with you?" I ask, the answer is obvious. I just wouldn't choose to do that.

"I got some water from the kitchens last night," he says, handing me a glass of water, "you need to sober up, and soon."

"Why, it's a Sunday," I say, taking small sips of my drink as my head pounds with pressure and heat.

"It's Monday, love," he says. That makes me panic, it's a Monday, what time is it?

"Don't panic, you undressed yourself half way through the night because you kept telling me that you were too hot," Theodore says. His voice hitching towards the end. But that is not what I'm worring about right now.

"Oh okay," I say, trying to gather my thoughts. Then he leaves me, he walks into the bathroom and closes the door. I quickly grab a jumper, (at least what I think is a jumper) and quickly run out his dorm.

As I make the walk of shame back to my dorm, I already know what people must be thinking. And the thing is, I have nothing to show for having the make this stupid walk of shame back. I didn't have a romantic make-out, I didn't even kiss anyone after playing spin the bottle. 

I open the door to my dorm and see that everyone has already left for breakfast, I see a note on my bed.

'If you need me, I am going to the great hall. You must tell me everything. Love Daph <3'

I glance at my watch, conscious of the time. I grab my make-up bag and make myself look presentable in record time. The window is open and a cool breeze blows in. I shiver, in response.

I get changed into my uniform and put the jumper back on. The warm, fluffy material feeling comfortable against my skin.

As I race down the coridors to my lesson, I hear the familar chime of the bell. Oh no! I'm late. 

As I run down the last coridor, skidding as I turn on the ball of my heel, I try to regulate my breathing as I see Professor Mc'Gonagall waiting for me at her desk.

She looks at me expectantly, "I'm so sorry," I manage to get out through raged breaths. 

"Take a seat at the front," she says sternly. As I walk down the isle towards the front of the classroom, I see that Theodore is sat exactly behind where I just got told to sit. 

I clutch my bag to my side as I walk down, trying not to make it obvious that I have a stitch in my side. I hear a few low whistles, to my confusion, I turn around but they all look away.

I sit down and start to get my parchment, quill and ink out, ready to take notes. Just then I feel someone's breathe tickle my ear, "seems like you want both, my name and my number." The voices says, ever so lightly.

"What do you mean?" I breathe back.

"Y/n, did you seriously not look at which jumper you took before you left my bed?" he asks, slightly over a whisper.

"Keep your voice down," I almost hiss back, "and no I didn't, I was in a rush."

"I have like 5 other jumpers that are the exact same, so it's up to you," he says. Then I feel his presence retreat back. 'It's up to me,' what does he mean? What's up to me.

I take the jumper off out of formality, and look at it as I fold it up and put it in my bag. Then I see it, in large silver print. 

THEO NOTT

7

SLYTHERIN

Theo Nott, number 7, slytherin. Then it hits me. I was wearing his quidditch jumper. 

For the whole duration of the lesson, I sit there with his jumper folded neatly in my bag. I place it on my lap when I get more parchment out. I everybodies eyes burning into the jumper. I gently place it back in bag. A tangle of notts scratch against my insides.

I don't even know what I'm doing with it. I need to give it back to him. It's not mine. And it's definately not like I am going to walk around wearing his quidditch jumper. Who am I, his girlfriend.

A/N

I know that this chapter is very late, but school is just so busy. 

Word count:1075

REMEMBER TO VOTE <3