6 - Chapter 4

Miles

I looked at the suit on my side-table.

Collapsing on my bed, I let out an annoyed groan.

"This is so boring.." I sighed, "I miss pav and I can't see him until eight!"

I shot up when I heard the door open, turning my head to see my brother.

"Myles!" I grinned, He nodded to me.

"Hey, Little brother." He rubbed my head, I looked at his undone braids.

"Want some help?" I offered, He nodded, sitting in front of me and leaning back.

"You think Mother is in over her head?" He muttered.

I started to braid the long hair.

"She's just excited. The Prabhakar family and the other royals don't really come unless their kids are getting Married, becoming the rulers, had a kid, or are becoming an adult. She probably just wants to show us off." I shrugged, excusing our Mother's strange behavior.

"Yeah, Well.. I don't like it. We ain't pieces of meat." He grunted.

I laughed, He smiled at me, something he rarely did around the other royals and our family.

"Royals are kinda overrated ain't they?" I joked, Myles laughed.

"That I agree with."

We sat and talked about random stuff as I finished his braids, He made me get into my suit as we did not want to anger father.

"Ya look.. Alright. You ready?"

It was 6:48 and our parents were probably gonna swarm us with questions about our feelings and stuff like that but.. Yknow.

"Can't we wait fifteen more minutes?" I smiled, He nodded.

~•Hour Later•~

"Boys! I told you, You were meant to be down here at exactly 7:30! It's 7:48! I swear.." Our dad scolded us, I nodded, apologizing.

"Yes, May we go now? I want to greet the people." I looked over to the doors, people were waiting outside.. What is it with Royals and always being early?

"Alright, come child." My mother ushered me to the door.

3

2

1

...

I was attacked by loving "relatives" and people I hadn't seen for years.

"Oh Miles! You grew up so handsome!"

"Miles! It's me! Your best friend!"

"Oh I've missed you!"

I finally got out of there when Pavitr stole me away.

"I missed you guys so much! Ahh! How are you Pav?" I asked, hugging the two.

Gayatri smiled as Pav went into detail about their lives.

Pavitrs' sister ran off to see the younger kids, I kept a close eye on her..

When my eyes seemed to trail off to a guy..

He was tall, Lanky but still muscley? If that makes sense? He was in a black suit and talking to some girls. He seemed to blend into the shadows since he was wearing black, Unlike the rest of us who were wearing white and red.

I glanced over to him before continuing with the conversation with Pav.

I saw the guy lurk over to my brother.. He seemed to plan what to say.