Ch-3: Planning

(A/N: For those who had been waiting through the past 6000+ words of build-up for some action, I have good news. This extra long chapter is where the action is going to be kick-started into the norm. I hope you enjoy. I also hope the story so far has been entertaining enough to outway the bad writing.)

A/N: I've also just hit the 10,000 word milestone with this chapter. WOOHOO!!!)
____________________________________________

*KABBOOOMM!!!*

In downtown Gotham, apartment blocks shook in the wake of an explosive earthquake. People woke in a flurry of frantic motion as they try to figure out what has suddenly gone wrong, cars fired off their security alarms in a parade of blaring noise, and buildings whined as their brick foundations fractured under the force of the explosion.

At the very epicentre of the blast sat the remains of warehouse 2B, an abandoned husk of a building that hadn't been touched in years lay in a crumbled heap of debris. Totally destroyed and reduced down to pebble rubble. When disaster response teams would arrive 20 minutes later, it would be a miracle to find no one around the wreck sight seriously injured.

For Y/n, however, the scenario was just embarrassing.

Punching his way through fallen brick, Y/n rose from the destroyed mess that was once his secret lab.

And just a few feet away from him sat the cause of this large explosion.

The failed second component of his new world Venom formula.

Disappointment coursed through him painfully. He leaned over, hands on his knees as he groaned heavily. Y/n was otherwise naked right now, wearing nothing but his draws as the blast had effectively burnt his lab wear to ash

"At least I discovered a new ability of mine today..." He was fireproof. How lucky.

This threw a pretty hefty rench in his plans. Y/n would have to re-evaluate his whole path from here. Especially now that his lab was basically wiped off the fucking map. Fortunately he kept most of his other precious lab equipment in safe caches around the city, including the first component of his Venom formula. If he had lost that in the explosion, God could only imagine the sheer dread he'd feel.

In the distance, the faint wail of ambulance sirens echoed throughout the sarrounding high rises. Y/n grit his teeth, he needed to grab anything salvageable left around and then dispose of the rest pretty soon. Hopefully, they would play this whole thing off as a gas leak explosion. A big gas leak explosion at that, but still a reasonably plausible excuse.

"What went wrong..." Y/n racked his brain for a cause. Venom was supposed to be easy as shit to make now! Well, at least according to his calculations. Everything was going well when he first started putting together the second component. The temperatures were reading right, the pH level hadn't dipped or fluctuated alarmingly, and Y/n was very proud of the fact that his cheap lab set up hadn't completely fallen apart.