Ch-5: Die hard at Oscorp (#2)

(A/N: I've been playing a lot of Dark Souls. It's putting me in the mood to write a DxD fic, lmao.)

(A/N: Pov switching is something I've been practising excessively when writing this fanfic. I have, however, realised the use of such has become expecially excessive. After this chapter pov switching will be toned down significantly.)
____________________________________________

Okay.

She could do this!

She had to do this.

Or... At least try?

Kara floated forward, an out of character glare marring her features.

And then she gagged. Her angry facade broke. The horrid thick stench of her sewer sarroundings blared umbearingly down on her as a hand quickly went up to pinch her nose.

Alright, maybe 'try' was an understatement.

Beast boy zipped around beside her in the form of a small green humming bird as Nightwing led the way in front- knee deep in the slurry of waste water while he looked down at his armgaurd, shockingly nonchalant about sifting through a literal bath...

Beast boy zipped around beside her in the form of a small green humming bird as Nightwing led the way in front- knee deep in the slurry of waste water while he looked down at his armgaurd, shockingly nonchalant about sifting through a literal bath of faeces.

Kara could only stiffle another gag as she pinched her nose shut. She was still trying to get used to it, but the city streets above were honestly little different than this hell hole below. Everything around her screamed unhygienic. Primitive. She understood that there was a couple millennium of a difference between Krypton and earth but her honeworld was basically a planet sized hospital when you compared it to this place.

Call her entitled, but Kara was expecting to make her debut as a real superhero in a less... depressive place than Gotham. Metropolis fit more along with her fantasies, at least. Flying around with her cousin, doing charity work, laughing along with civilians and taking photos for the daily planet.

Shamefully, she had to admit, Kara may have been a bit of a snob. Maybe she was looking forward to the more glamorous side of hero work than the grittier- objectively more important part of the trade.

"We're nearing the entrance," Nightwing relayed, "Supergirl, I'm going to need you to bust through the hatch for us."

"Sure thing..." Reduced to simple muscle, how bleak.

Okay, she was being dramatic, but this totally blowed! Having an enhanced sense of smell meant she could pick up the varying levels of decaying shit around her. It absolutely sucked!

The water dipped shallower as they entered a wider tunnel. Equal parts sludge and algae coated the brick walls while trickling pipes lined the lower floor, oozing mysterious gooey substances that 'piled' like cement rather than disperse like any other regular liquid. Again, It was a nightmare down here, a disgusting nightmare that made the Kryptonian want to barf just like she did when she had first learnt to use an earthling toothbrush.

Man Made God: (Dc/Marvel/Crossover)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara