Chapter 9 - Outside Maybe?

Hysteria woke up for the second time this week on the couch, but this time she was much more relaxed and rested. After she finished yawning and stretching, she stood up. Looking at her sleeping companion, she scratched behind its ears and walked into the kitchen. In the kitchen, she pulled out some bread, eggs, and a glass for water, planning for a quick and quiet breakfast.

First, she took out two pieces of bread from its bag and put them on a skillet. She shifted them until they brown. Then she took them off and cut a circle in the middle. After she did that, she put them on their other side and cracked an egg in each circle. As those were finishing, she filled her cup with water and grabbed the wolf's dish to do the same.

While reaching for it, the pup walked in and started to sniff the air. When Hysteria put down the newly replenished water dish, it sauntered over to the water and started drinking slowly. Hysteria smiled at the act and took the toast off the skillet and onto a plate. She walked over to the table and started eating her breakfast.

When she was done, she put her dishes in the sink and went upstairs to change. Closing the door behind her, she got out her clothes for the day. She ended up with a dirtied white button-up shirt covered in a light blue tunic with leather line work, all topped in a leather and string belt she learned to make when she was much younger. Her bottoms were black trousers.

After putting all this on, she headed out and got started on her farm for the day. First she went over to the magic strawberries and started to water them while plucking the ripe ones. Next, she went over to some of the dark brown trees with autumn leaves. Pulling at some of the bark, the chocolate substance melted in her hands. She picked up some of the stray chocolate bark pieces and moved onto the next thing, which was her normal crops. The only magic about these was speed growth potions she dripped into their water.

Done for the day, she headed back inside and took a nice warm shower. The water dripping down her back, she picked up her favourite shampoo, strawberry scented. She had to pick it up from the next town, but it was always worth it for her hair to smell so sweet, plus it made her hair shiny as always. Next, she drizzled some lavender body wash, which she made herself, onto her hand and rubbed it into her skin. After she washed it all out, she got out of the shower and dried herself down. She then put on her most cosy pair of pyjamas and went down to the foyer.

She scanned the shelves once again and found a book called Lore Olympus: Volume One. This looks interesting, she thought to herself as she picked it up and sat down on her favourite chair. It was her favourite chair because the bottom half can be flipped up. Her mom helped make it and this chair is practically as old as she was.

I still remember her. Her laugh, her voice, her hair. She didn't have much in her life, but what she did have, she gave to me with this house and my freedom. She helped me with my studies when I was stuck and with my plants when I was sick. She appreciated everything, but how would hse look at me now? Would she just stand at the door, not saying a thing from the shock? Or would she come to me crying, hoping her daughter wasn't kidnapped or experimented on.

She soon after thinking these things, decided that she couldn't relax enough to read at the moment. With that final withdraw, Hysteria set the book down and went up the stairs to her room. Opening the door, she walked over to her desk. On it was her spellbook and to the left of that was her skull mask that was tattered and broken from the incident. Maybe I should fix it?