[Laila's performance outfit above]

Luke popped back into the garage. He looked around at Julie, Laila and the boys practicing with a confused look.

Luke stood and said, "Whoa, Julie, Laila."

Julie and Laila glanced up and the latter said, "Grab your guitar and microphone. We got work to do."

Luke grabbed his guitar and put the strap over his shoulder.

"What made you two come back?" Luke wondered, stepping closer to Julie and Laila.

"We realized how important music is to all of us, and we've lost so much already," Julie said. "We can't lose this, too."

"Thanks."

Julie and Laila smiled at Luke and the three shared an intense look of understanding and appreciation. Luke and Laila shared a look of possibly more.

"All right, bosses, where we at?" Luke questioned.

Julie smiled. "Oh, and by the way, happy birthday." She chuckled.

"Let's go from the pre-chorus," Julie and Laila said.

Alex tapped his drumsticks together. "One, two, three, four."

---

Once rehearsal ended, Laila entered her house and was intercepted by her mother who frowned and said, "So. You sleep in, missing your first three classes and a Calculus test. Laila, you can't afford to be missing classes."

"I'm sorry, Mom," Laila apologized.

"Sorry won't gonna cut it this time."

Laila's grandmother looked at her daughter. "You know what you have to do."

"Mom-"

"If you don't, I will."

Bonnie let out a sigh. "Laila, go upstairs and study Calculus. I'll be up later to see how you're doing."

Laila pursed her lips and made her way upstairs.

---

A short while later, Luke appeared in her room. "What are you doing?"

"Studying Calculus," Laila muttered. "My mom busted me."

"We've got a performance tonight. Come on."

"Luke, my mom and grandmother are downstairs. How will I get past them?"

He smirked and opened her window. "The old-fashioned way."

"Luke, no."

"Don't you want to perform tonight?"

"Well, yes, but-"

"Laila, it's either this or go past your mom and grandmother. Which is it gonna be?"

She met his eyes and let out a sigh. "I guess I'm sneaking out. If I get in trouble, I blame you."

---

After rehearsal, Julie made her way back into the house, where she found Carlos taking pictures of the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" Julie asked.

"Looking for those orb things," Carlos replied. "I'm telling you, this place is haunted. Every time I open my laptop, it's on some... rock music site. That ain't me, you know I'm all about the rap."

"Reggie," Julie whispered.

"I'm just trying to protect you."

Julie went to walk away, but was stopped by Carlos. "Oh, I'd be careful in there. Dad has that look on his face like when Google Maps tells him to turn on the wrong street."