[Unsaid Emily]

A horn honked.

"This is awesome, you guys," Luke said. "We're playing the Orpheum! I can't even count how many bands have played here and then ended up being huge." He chuckled. "We're gonna be legends. Eat up, boys, 'cause after tonight, everything changes."

Willie sighed and moved to sit next to Alex who was sitting on the Orpheum stage and asked, "Is this seat taken?"

Alex sighed heavily before saying, "This whole thing sucks."

"Yeah, I messed up."

"No, it's like you said... you know you didn't have a choice. I mean, Caleb owns your soul."

"No." He inhaled sharply. "No, still, I know what he's capable of. I brought you guys right to him. When you guys asked me, I should've just skated away."

"I would have still followed you."

Willie chuckled lightly. "Man... I would do anything to take back what I did to you." A jolt buzzed and Alex groaned, causing Willie to wince sympathetically. "I am so sorry. I mean, did you guys figure out what your unfinished business is?"

Alex scoffed. "Not like it's gonna happen. We have to play here."

"The... the Orpheum?"

"Yeah, I mean, we were two hours away from getting on that stage the night we died."

"You guys were gonna be legends."

"We were."

---

Julie and Laila were being bombarded by people asking for pictures.

Nick walked up to Julie and Laila. "Hey, uh, do I need to ask security before I talk to you two?"

Julie glanced around and said, "Uh, no. Just us."

Laila let out a soft laugh as she pointed to her locker and walked away, unknowingly followed by Billy.

Billy smiled as he stood next to Laila's locker. "Hi, Laila. Um, I was wondering if you'd like to be my study partner."

Laila looked at him with a small frown. "Between the band and school, I don't really have time. Sorry."

"Well, then any chance you can find the time to go on a date with me?"

"I, uh, wow. Billy wants to go on a date with me. And you're him, so you know that."

"That doesn't sound like a yes."

"I'm flattered, really, but I, uh-"

"You like someone else."

"Yeah. Kinda."

"All right, well, maybe we can still be dance partners?"

"Uh, yeah, sure."

"Okay. Awkward exit." He walked away.

Flynn and Julie walked up to their friends and the former said, "Well, that wasn't just a "What's up?""

"Billy wanted to go on a date," Laila said, causing Flynn and Julie to let out a gasp. "And I said no."

"What?"

"You know what you said. I figured why waste Nick's time?"

"Aww! My baby's all grown up!" She chuckled. "She's choosing to like someone who doesn't really exist, but she's all grown up."

"But he does exist. To me and to Julie. And he might just be air, but we connect in so many other ways."

"You are the most watchable dueters I've ever seen."