Bodyguard

Today was Shizuka's lucky day for the week.

It was the end of the school week, Friday as Shizuka gets to go home after weeks of tending to the library. She didn't complain though, being surrounded by books and more books for hours, sometimes she just wants to be at home.

Stay home, relax, and read a nice book while the air condition blew coldly in her room.

That was the plan.

She's a loner after all that everyone thinks is weird for talking with a book.

But like before, she didn't mind.

All she wants to do is read.

Change her shoes, walk home, do her homework, and read.

At least, that's how her plan was supposed to go.

Until across the hallway, someone cuts the corner and her body froze.

There was a boy that entered her vision as he turns his head her way and a creepy smile came onto him.

"Hey, Shizuka...~"

...Mikio...

Her bully since her last year of middle school.

She didn't know why he does this nor his reasons to not stop as her first reaction was to run away.

"Get back here!~" Mikio yelled as her tiny legs were trying their best to carry her away from her bully.

Yet with all of this effort, she was already out of breath. She starts to slow herself to a walk before finding a classroom nearby and slipping in.

She hides behind the door and listened as Mikio ran past her and faded away into the hallway.

In any case, this was her time to run but like mentioned before, she doesn't have a lot of stamina left in her tank to use.

She continued to breathe heavily, not knowing what she could do but run. But that chance that she won't get caught is slim.

At this rate, I don't know if I'll make it home... What do I do now?

"Did you know what happened in the kendo club recently?"

"The kendo club?"

Then an idea popped in her mind.

That's right, the kendo club.

She met a boy before who is in the kendo club.

Maybe she can have him help her out a bit by escorting him through the school and keep an eye out for Mikio. That way, she won't have to deal with his shenanigans for the day.

She now had a new plan, find the clubroom on the first floor and ask him to become a bodyguard just for the day.

Once that was set, she hurriedly ran out from the classroom and find the stairs that will take her down to the first floor.

"..."

"What about the kendo club?"

"There's a first year in it..."

"...Okay? And?"

"Recently, he beat three third years in the club all at the same time..."

"What? No way..."

"They call him 'Roronoa' because of the school's legendary kendo master... and quite frankly, he deserves the name..."

"...That's... Wow... I'd be lucky enough to be a reliable acquaintance of his if he was that strong..."