Matches

Y/n had just arrived the facility where he'll be fighting for a spot where all of the high schools best kendo fighters battle to see who was the best.

This was the first, a test to see how everyone's skills were.

For Y/n, this was an acknowledgment that he'll be participating for the big tournament in a few months, setting his bag down where his school's kendo club were and browsed through the audience.

A lot came and it could be because of him, he is a student who knows his way with the sword as he isn't able to find a pair of viewers he wanted to see.

"Y/n..."

A hand lands on his shoulder.

By instinct, he grabs his sword and swung it.

He stops just inches away from someone's head.

His captains head, Kishika Torotoro.

He showed some remorse for being so reckless and unaware who he nearly hit the lights out, sheathing his sword back by his side and bowed.

"Sorry, captain... You scared me..."

"It's fine... but you're starting the tournament off so get ready quickly..."

"Really?" He sighed softly. "Okay... I'll be there in a sec..." Y/n replied before going back to looking in the stands and lands on two figures.

"I'll be back... Gonna check on the family..." he told the captain who nods to him. He goes to the two spectators that was a couple of seats up and greets them.

"Hey, mom... Hey, Shizuka..."

He hugs his mom and then pecks Shizuka on the lips as the two smiled to him.

"Good luck out there, hun..."

Seize the moment...

"Thank you... I will... Hopefully, I don't have anymore handicap matches today..." Y/n rubs the back of his neck as he glanced at his potential opponents that he was going to face today.

Thou does that mean?

The boy turns to Shizuka who had a puzzled look on her face. It would soon hit him that this was her first ever time seeing him in a real kendo match.

"...Right, handicap matches are when a player or a side has a small advantage to make the matches easier..."

The little bean understood it clearly and was curious how bad of a handicap match Y/n had.

What's the... tiniest... that you faced?

"My opponent wielded two kendos..."

And what's the worse?

"I had to face three people under one competitor's name..."

Shizuka's eyes widened.

She has seen Y/n fought three upperclassmen at once but to do so in a tournament where the h/c could be eliminated in the first round?

But Y/n shook off the thought.

"Yeah, it seems overkill but they were barely a challenge... I just want a normal match for once..."

"Y/n! Make sure you warm up!"

"Right, Kishika! I gotta go but I'll be sure to check in on you two soon... especially Shizuka since she's always getting picked on everywhere..."

He hugged the two once more and went to his team where he practice on his swings and stretched a little.

With the girls, a smiling and more mature woman only stared at her son a little more.