ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔖𝔦𝔵

Karma's Pov:

The day seems to continue to pass as low as any other day while I continue writing "personalized" emails to as many people as possible before using an AI.

The loud sound of the door opening grabs my attention from the keyboard in front of me which was slowly cramping my fingers

"There's a thing I don't know if you've heard of it it's called knocking" Seems like nobody in this office has mattered. I look up to see a very tired-looking Mateo in a baby blue button-up and navy blue dress pants with his curls defined and vibrant.

He hums in response " Yeah whatever" Mateo makes his way over to me while I simply stare him down.

He gets a hold of my right wrist quickly leaving me without something to say whilst holding a beige folder in the other "Open your hand" He breathes out.

I hesitate to open my mouth but nothing comes out I open my palm and he places the folder in my hand, sighs, and walks away. What the fuck.

"Wait what's this"

"Just look inside Ms.Williams," He said in a tired tone walking out and almost slamming the door or what looked to be a type of slam but not noise was made.

I move my keyboard to the side, placing the folder in front of it while still letting my eyes travel to the blonde watching as he sits down rubbing his temples in a stressed yet relieved way, closing his eyes.

My attention went back to the folder looking at the folder and opening it to the first page.

/Draft Magazine Cover Idea/

I let out a dry scoff "He did it" I rolled back from the desk while still sitting down opening the bottom metal drawer and taking out a similar-looking folder with the original draft I created.

/Draft Magazine Cover/

I move the chair back up, placing the folder next to Mateos, opening the other one to the first page then flipping both at the same time to the second page.

I originally planned a winter school theme as the Magazine is targeted towards rich assholes who have spoiled kids that go to private school, they'll like anything that comes out of your ass.

As I continue to skim both Mateo's and mine I notice the same way of note-taking and similar notes. I furrow my eyebrows as I continue to skim through the pages finding a swatch sample of a material that feels so soft it's like touching nothing at all with an arrow pointing at it from Mateo's draft. The possible cloth material for the inner part of the cover.

I grab my draft flipping pages and touching a similar swatch."How the fuck" The audacity is high h of heat through my body. I get up quickly grabbing both files angrily trying to swing the door open only to be humbled by the weight of the door.

He opens the creased page which I folded while grabbing both with the samples his eyes travel back and forth as he holds open both into different hands.

I sped walked over to Mateo who had a look of confusion on his face with his arms crossed.

"How did you finish this so quickly?" I whispered yelled. I know exactly how he finished he stole mine. I just need him to admit it.

"It's called talent," He whispered back.

"No fucking way" still whispering I say holding out both files in front of him as he looks down at them and then back up at me slowly taking them from my hand, this is so irritating as I feel the rush

He puts his hands flat on the desk and gets up leaning over

"Great minds think alike Karma"

"Great minds with very great ideas," He says in a monotone voice placing them both in front of him.

"You mean a great mind with a very great idea," I said, getting more irritated by the second.

He scoffs "You think I took the time out of my day to sneak into your office?"

"Yes and if you say no that's complete utter bullshit," I say still whispering involuntarily and making hand gestures.

I stay silent balling my hand into a fist knowing others are staring at the interaction knowing I can't say what I want I tighten my fist

"You didn't deny it...you went through my shit Mateo"

"I don't know why you're so angry if you had it planned out already" He sits back down continuing "You were nitpicking at my ass for absolutely no reason"

No reason! Is it petty to still be mad about high school yes, am I a petty person yes?

I cross my arms while he just looks at me as a small smile appears on his face.

"This is about high school isn't it?" He whispers with a teasing expression.

"No"

"Okay"