Chapter 9

That night was filled with terrors haunting the two victims.

Nightmare weren't something Minnie was foreign to. When she was young she would often get them due to the horror movies resulting in teasing from her brother. As she grew, she learned it's best to watched them before seven and cartoons straight after to avoid these horrid dreams.

But this nightmare was different. Minnie wouldn't even exactly consider it a nightmare. It was strange there is no doubt about it. Having Ghostface appear in your dreams isn't exactly something... normal.

Even then, she understood it was merely a dream conjure up by her bothered subconscious. She brushed it aside as the morning light hit her eyes followed by the shouts of the older Riley.

The girls hurried out of bed getting ready for the day. Given that the girl's known each other since practically childhood, no worries came to staying over. All their essentials had been in the house throughout the years they would stay over.

Currently, all three had been seated on the table eating breakfast. The news was turned on that told Sidney Prescott's recent story, bringing back up the painful memories of her mother's passing.

As cruel as it sounds, Minnie was glad she didn't have the same attention on her by the media. It made things easier for her, easier to get away with things— such as her uprising obsession with the killer.

Of course, that was only her thoughts. She cared more for her friends than give in to her thoughts. She knew she couldn't be weak to give in to them.

   "Turn it off." Minnie instructed to Dewey noticing the distress on Sidney's face.

It was getting harder for Sidney to smile. Always so tense and anxious with the killer around. Tatum did her best to comfort her, comfort both the victims of this killer. But there was only so much she could do.

   "It's never gonna stop, is it?" Sidney knew the answer. She hoped Dewey could tell her otherwise though.

Dewey sighed as he sat beside the younger Meeks. "Billy was released. His cellular bill was clean. He didn't make those calls."

   "He's out already." Minnie smiled, glanced over to Tatum in a 'I told you so' way getting a pinch to the arm in return. Minnie shifted over to Sidney and slowly her smile dropped apologizing to the girl.

   "Yeah," He confirmed to the girl beside him. He turned back to Sidney explaining their plan. "We're checkin' every cellular account in the county. Any calls made to you, Min, or Casey Becker's are being cross-referenced."

Sidney licked her lips worriedly at the sound of it.

   "It's gonna take some time, but we'll find him."

The killer could be anyone. They could cover their tracks well. Minnie's hopes to finding this masked killer had dimmed.

   "You guys okay?" Tatum glanced between both girls beside her.

Minnie nodded managing a smile as she took a bite out of her breakfast. To the Riley siblings, she appeared oddly calm. Then again the geeky girl was known to deal with things a lot differently, they just hoped she'll ask for help if needed unlike previous time where she kept things to herself.

Meanwhile, Sidney was agitated. Barely being able to touch her food or stop frowning. She was agitated about the entire situation wanting the killer out of her life. To this, Tatum grew more concerned over the brunette. Even if one of her friends was struggling with this burden, she felt responsible to make them comfortable until the killer is behind bars.

———🔪———

It was only a few nights since the attack of Casey and Minnie's. With the added attack of Sidney's, the school ground was packed with fleas chasing after their story.