1 • Peaches & Polynomials

1
The One That Got Away

Introducing our high school sweetheart story, starring our sassy soccer captain queen, Peach and a mystery Lover Boy which will be revealed as you read!

A story that all started with a simple math exam...

🍑 ⚽️ 🍾 🫦 📚 🍂 ⚡️

The students of Boston University mingle and walk to class, some of them alone and listening to music, others walking side by side with friends, some eating lunch in the dining area, others enjoying the fall scenery and taking a break from school work to grab some coffee...

Others...struggling with taking their math exam...

You tap your pencil on the small desk to your right as your math professor sits at his desk way in front of the classroom.

Professor Boyd has been a math professor at Boston University for almost 40 years. And supposedly is so good at his job he could got his two 10 year old daughters to do polynomials.

But that didn't matter because you're so screwed and apparently two 10 year olds are smarter than you.

You're not playing the finals against the girls from Harvard. Coach Avery is going to have a stroke, and after she's recovered she's going to kill you, for multiple reasons.

Let's start with not studying for your algebra finals. Two, for procrastinating studying for your algebra finals until last night. Three, for going out every night when you should've been in your dorm studying.

Four, for not attending those stupid study groups she made you sign up for to avoid a possible situation like failing your exam. Which would ultimately plummet your GPA so low to the point you wouldn't see a soccer ball ever again.

Looking around at your classmates, you envy the concentration on their faces as they scribble and erase answers. Towards your right a few rows down sat Andy and his friends, Steve and Colin.

Colin catches you staring and winks at you, he's always been a little flirt, and always tries to get you to sleep with him, but Andy says his friends are off limits.

Maybe you should've asked Andy for help, instead you were out every night with your soccer team celebrating every win since the beginning of the season.

Andy's always been the one to help you out with homework ever since the 4th grade. Which was when you met the quiet, smart, brunette.

Now wasn't the time to dwell on what could've been, you needed to focus.

You had a blank quiz in front of you along with an empty scantron. This couldn't be impossible. You paid some attention to that one inequalities lesson, that has to count for something right?

Suddenly most of the class begins to shuffle in their bags, you see as Andy and the majority of your peers pull out calculators.

Yup...those rectangular things that are supposed to help you get your answer, and yours was at your dorm. You can unfortunately see it clearly sitting at the top of your desk.

Okay. Now you were back to definitely being screwed again.

Walking out of the lecture room after the most slow, torturing, hour and a half of your life, you're met with Andy, Steve and Colin.

Andy usually waits for you after class, him and Colin are just there speaking about whatever boys talk about these days.

"Dude, I was in heaven," Colin chuckles explaining to Andy after he grabbed his shoulder, "it was like Christmas for me all over again. One kissing me with that sweet tongue of hers and the other on her knees—"