III

Kumo snored loudly as he slept in an...uncomfortable position, his body sprawled over the bed. A soft knock was heard at his door.

"Kumo, dear, wake up. You're gonna be late for school," his mother spoke in a calm tone.

Kumo murmered as his eyes fluttered open. He looked at his clock and it read 8:15. He stared at it for a few moments before shrugging and going back to sleep. Exactly two minutes later and he jumped out of bed.

"Shit, I'm gonna be late!"

He heard a small laugh through his door. "Language, Kumo."

Kumo hastily put on his uniform before running downstairs for a quick breakfast, which his mother had made for him. Nothing too much, just a simple peanut butter jelly sandwich. He slings his backpack on as he takes the sandwich from his mom, smiling.

"Thanks mom, I don't know what I'd do without you sometimes."

His mother chuckles softly as she sits in her chair, sewing a black dress. "Don't say such things, Kumo. I'll be with you for as long as you need me. No, get going, you're going to be late."

"Yeah, I know. And don't worry, I'll help you with work later. Bye!"

She smiles softly as she watches Kumo run out the door. She then looked down at her hands that held a sewing needle and some string. Kumo had suggested she get a sewing machine, but she persistently refused. She said she had a deeper connection to her craft when using her hands and not a machine.

With Kumo, he was running down the streets on his way to school. He eventually stopped, breathing heavily. "Damnit, I won't make it in time at this pace!"

He began thinking of excuses to make when he was late. He then had an idea.

"Wait a minute, I can use my webs...but is there anything that can support my weight?"

He looked around him to see if there was anything he could use to propel himself with. After a few seconds of searching, he saw two telephones poles on opposite sides of the street. "Perfect. And no one's around to see, so no harm done."

He stood in the middle of the street, a little bit behind the two telephone poles, and shot some webs at them. He then walked backwards a few feet until the webs were tense.

"Alright, here goes nothing...". He raised his feet and he was instantly launched into the air, yelling. "SSSHHHIIIITTTT!!! HAHAHA! THIS IS AMAZING! Wait how will I stop myself?"

That question would soon be answered as he saw a familiar looking person ahead of him, though she wore a different outfit.

"Isn't that....oh it is her! Neat! Hey! Watch out!"

She just turned towards him confused. Her eyes widened as she processed what happened as he suddenly crashed into her, knocking them both to the ground.

Soul Society

Soi Fon woke up, grumbling. She was still pissed about the previous day. She got out of bed and took a quick shower, then put her Captain's uniform on. Before leaving her barracks she strapped Suzumebachi to her back. Walking out of the barracks she sighed. It was early morning. Good. No one should be up, maybe besides that creep Kurosutchi. She shuddered at the thought of him. It bothered her saying it, but she'd rather have Urahara as Captain of Squad 12.

Walking around, she remembered her self proclaimed "mission" which was to discover what a Fullbring was, and find out more about Kumo. She would be doing it alone, which she didn't mind. Her lieutenant was too loud and obnoxious, and this mission called for stealth.