IV

In another part of Karakura Town, Soi-Fon was walking down the streets, checking her soul pager. Since she was already down in the world of the living, she might as well defeat any Hollow's that appeared. It is her duty as a Soul Reaper after all.

While she was walking, her thoughts drifted towards Kumo. Besides his power, there was simply nothing noteworthy about him.

"Damn that kid," she thought to herself. "Though I can't be too mad...he did sew this jacket back together..."

She looked down at her outfit, and she could barely tell it got ruined earlier had she not been able to see his webs or strings or whatever they were. Her thoughts left Kumo behind when she got a beep on her soul pager. Checking it, she saw that there were a group of Hollow's nearby, nothing too difficult, especially for someone of her skill.

"Alright...I'll do this real quick, then head back to the Soul Society. I don't want anyone to think anything of me."

The second shortest captain then ran off in pursuit of the Hollow's.

With Kumo

Kumo was still with Ichigo, who was now with Uryu, Orihime and Chad on the school roof eating lunch. It has been a while since he saw his friends, so it was nice hanging out with them after a long time

[PLOT EXPLANATION A.K.A. AUTHOR BULLSHIT

Kumo was friends with everyone before the events of the anime. Even Uryu, who he met some time before Ichigo and Rukia did. Then, he moved to the U.S. because family. Now he comes back to Karakura Town after the Fullbring Arc.

Okay? Okay. Okay? Okay.]

Swallowing a bit of food, Kumo sighs. "Man, I miss this school lunch. In the States, the school food is all garbage. There's the occasional pizza or taconada, but other than that, it sucks."

Uryu and Ichigo looked at Kumo with an expression that read, 'The hell is a taconada?'

Orihime, being a food fanatic, looks at Kumo with wonder glimmering in her eyes. "What's a taconada? It sounds good!"

"Well, you see, a taconada is...," he looks down in thought, confused. "Wait, what is a taconada?"

"Yo, Chad, do you know—oh wait...nevermind."

Chad being the chad he is just softly grunts, silently eating his food.

Ichigo just clears his throat, getting Kumo's attention. "So uh...Kumo...where have you been these past months? You just left without a word."

Orihime nodded in agreement. "Yeah, with you gone, no one has been willing to eat my food creations besides Tatsuki and Rangiku..."

The boy in question nervously scratches the back of his head. "Yeah, sorry about that guys. Me and my mom moved to the U.S. for a little bit for my dad's job, then we came back here when she had enough to start her small textile business."

Uryu looked up with a look of surprise. "Oh, so that's the shop I get my sewing supplies from."

"Yeah, mom sells sewing supplies as well as designing different clothing. You should see just how many rolls of cloth is around the house. Though, I hope she doesn't push herself too hard."

There was a long awkward silence between the group, especially since everyone with the exception of Kaito either has a dead mom or a missing mom or something along those lines. No one said anything, just silence. And that annoyed Kumo If there was silence, he'd be in his head, and when he's in his head, his mind would wander towards darker thoughts. For example, how was his mom? How was her health? What if he comes home and she doesn't answer the door? Where would she be? Maybe she drove to the store? What if she doesn't answer her phone? What if she got into a car accident? What if—