Chapter 7

"Look, this popular girl can't answer easy questions at all. Even a child can answer that question."

Selgie clenched her fists tightly and bowed her head as she was humiliated by a teacher who had once been rejected by her... Maybe the teacher had a grudge against her for always asking questions during her class time.
Selgie wanted to hide to get away from all the people who were now staring at her, waiting for the answer that should have been answered a few minutes ago, but Selgie had not managed to find the answer she still thought.
That teacher had managed to humiliate her in front of everyone at every meeting. 

For Selgie, the question was so difficult, she simply wasn't smart enough.
Only her beauty helped Selgie become the most popular girl in school and many people wanted to be friends with her.
Even many men were willing to bend the knee before Selgie.
But not the man currently behind her.

Kelvin looked at the hand of the girl in front of his desk, clenching the pen she was holding tightly.
There was a sense of hatred creeping into the girl. It was as if she wanted to immediately pounce on the enemy in front of her. 

The teacher immediately threw the question to someone else, but the teacher deliberately gave the question to a student who was equally unable to answer the question.
It was as if he was finding fault with his students by deliberately looking for students who would not be able to answer such an easy question.

Some of the students who couldn't answer the question felt uneasy.
Perhaps they wanted to end their meeting immediately, with the teacher now staring at Kelvin with a sharp look.

"Are you on the beach and basking in the hot midday sun... how can you wear sunglasses in my class? Especially during class time. Quickly take off those glasses and answer my previous question." The teacher spoke quite loudly to Kelvin who just put on a flat face.

He deliberately wore sunglasses in class because he didn't want to see the girl in front of him.
There was a light shining in his eyes that made him think of someone.
He didn't intend to wear glasses to be stylish.

"Are you deaf?" The voice was so sharp in Kelvin's ears who had previously ignored Mr. Felix's words.

Kelvin immediately answered her question, with no intention of taking off the glasses he was wearing.
He stood with his cool style, admired by the girls who were now looking at him.

"The Diponegoro War happened around 1825 to 1830. On the island of Java."

Kelvin answered the question easily.

Everyone could of course answer that question. It's just that sometimes they don't have a long memory which makes them sometimes forget the subject they stored in their brain.

"Wow... look at this guy answering that question correctly with ease. You women can't answer questions easily at all. Didn't you study in elementary school for a long time, and now that you're in high school and also about to graduate, it's only a matter of months? How could you not be able to answer such an easy question?
Now answer the last question, after which this class will end."

There was a lot of noise in the classroom. After hearing the last words spoken by the teacher.

They were both excited and tense about the questions that would be given to them without any explanation.
Some students just hoped that if the teacher asked them a question, someone could answer correctly. So that they can go home soon, but the teacher always gives questions to students who are fairly stupid and makes it difficult for them to go home early.

"And you... Take off your glasses and answer my questions correctly again, so that your friends can go home early."

Everyone looked at Kelvin expectantly. They hoped Kelvin could answer the question correctly.

Kelvin was forced to take off the glasses he was wearing.
Everyone already knew the handsome face that was only visible behind the helmet this morning, but now it was obvious how handsome he was.

Selgie was like a stupid girl who had just met him for the first time.

"So handsome" she spoke like a whisper and could only be heard by herself.

The room was so quiet, no one spoke at all, and they were so impatient waiting for the question that would be issued by their teacher.

Kelvin with a flat face tried to wait for the answer he had been waiting for since a few minutes ago.

Finally, the teacher raised his voice, to ask a question that surprised everyone.

"The One True God, which precept?"
The question shocked everyone in the class.

Everyone was silent, the class became quieter with a question that everyone probably already knew the answer to.
They thought the questions the teacher would give Kelvin would be very difficult, but they were wrong.
Even small children can answer these questions.
Especially since in kindergarten, they have been taught to know all that.

Kelvin clenched his fists tightly, he didn't like the teacher who was now looking at him sharply.
It was as if he wanted to pounce on him and tear that annoying face apart.

Kelvin felt like he was being played by being given a question that was so easy to answer, even by everyone. It was as if the teacher underestimated his intelligence.

He didn't know that Kelvin was so smart his intelligence ruined his life, making him what he is today.

"Why are you looking at me like that? Now quickly answer the question I just said so that your friends can go home earlier than other classes," he said.

The teacher was not at all afraid of the stare issued by Kelvin, as if he was challenging Kelvin.

"Are you underestimating my intelligence? Everyone can answer that question. You don't deserve to be a teacher. It's ridiculous the way you teach the students here."
Kelvin let out the frustration that was inside him.
He didn't like being belittled like that. Especially being belittled about his intelligence.