𝟬𝟬𝟴 the chaos that is our story

CHAPTER EIGHT,the chaos that is our story

CHAPTER EIGHT,
the chaos that is our story

     THEY WERE SCREWED—at least that's what Jaylene assumed after finally being told how an envelope was the key to clearing John B's name

Still, despite the fact that she had little faith in their plan working, she had ultimately decided to convince herself that it was crazy enough to somehow work in their favor. Though, for obvious reasons, she would've preferred to not be squished between Pope and Kiara as the Heyward boy steadily pulled into a vacant parking space alongside the curb where the Limbrey residence stood less than one hundred feet away. The structure was difficult to miss given the fact that it reeked of old money that certainly exceeded the generations that Jaylene's family consisted of in terms of wealth.

     She came from an affluent family, but this was far beyond her level of comfort. These were the kind of people she strayed far from, their family history being one she didn't agree with hence why she felt they weren't worthy of the abundance of money signed to their name since the day of their birth. It was hypocritical and she was well aware, but the money to her name wasn't equally as tainted as the one that belonged to the members of the family that had written Pope a letter regarding the Royal Merchant.

     Maybe the Rosewood family was a bit peculiar compared to most families, but their practices from where their money originated weren't inhumane. Their money had been earned the proper way from the beginning and nepotism had taken over throughout the years, but that was a whole other story that she chose to avoid altogether.

"These kooks make our kooks look like pogues." JJ stared in awe at the similar houses surrounding the particular structure they had their eye on. "You sure this is the place, Pope?" He turned to look towards his friend who was sitting in the driver's seat, his gaze set on the residence.

     Pope didn't dare tear his eyes away from the home, feeling uneasy about the situation. "Pretty sure." He cut the engine, his hand on the handle of the door.