CLOSED DOORS- S.P

Author- yzngserpent

{MALE READER}

It's a Saturday night and you're at the wyrm as usual. you sit at a table with your friends Toni, Cheryl, fangs, betty and your brother jughead. music from the juke box rattles throughout the bar, making it hard to hear what your friends are saying but you listen as hard as you can anyway, hoping to decipher it.

Before fangs is able to finish his sentence your boyfriend sweet pea and two of his buddies come up behind him and pull his seat out from under him, making you widen your eyes in shock while everyone else around you laugh at fangs misfortune. As he gets up to begin play fighting with sweet pea's minions you roll your eyes and shake your head at your boyfriend.

"what's that look for?" — pea fake pouts as he shuffles closer to you. usually, you're all for fun and games, but when the fun and games involve a girl named Claire who follows sweet pea around like a lost puppy it does nothing but aggravate you.

realistically you have nothing to worry about, you know pea is in love with you and shows her no affection above friendship, but no matter what you tell yourself whenever she is around you just don't like it. sweet pea has no idea you feel this way, you're actually really surprised that he hasn't caught on yet. unless he has and just chooses not to say anything? who knows.

"I just didn't find that funny" — you replied, taking a sip of your beer without matching sweet pea's gaze. he shifted next to you, uncomfortable at your sudden coldness. he reached for your chin and tilted your face toward him.

"Why are you giving me the ice king right now?" — pea frowned, his dark eyes showing genuine concern. you jerked your face away from his hold and rolled your eyes. "I don't know what you're talking about, there's no ice king around here" — pea's frown lines deepened when you jerked your head away but before he could reply to you Claire came up beside him and beamed her annoyingly pretty grin at you.

"Hey (Y/N)!" — Claire placed her beer bottle on the table and hopped onto the bar stool next to sweet pea. her shoulder brushed his, making your face scrunch up in annoyance. you turned your head away so no one would see it. "hi" — you fake smiled as you turned back around. "I wish they would change the music, I feel like dancing" — Claire then proceeded to wriggle her bum against her seat, making sweet pea laugh and you to tighten your grip on your beer bottle.

you were being completely ridiculous. toxic if you will. but you couldn't help it. you also couldn't fully understand it either. sweet pea laughed at plenty of people, half of them also being girls. so why did Claire bother you so much? your frustration got the better of you, you pulled out a gold coin from your pocket and threw it across the table at her more aggressively than you anticipated. "go change the song then" — at this point all eyes were on you.

sweet pea looked from the coin, to Claire, then to you. he looked baffled. stupidly, idiotically, sexily baffled. Claire picked up the coin and cocked her head at you. "Any requests?" — can this girl not take a hint from a jealous half-drunk you or what?

you started to become angry. Toni noticed this before anyone else and moved to wrap her arms around you. "(Y/N) loves all music, surprise him" — she smiled. Claire nodded with a smile then headed towards the juke box. you knew what was coming next — "okay what the hell is wro-"— you cut Toni off. "I don't want to hear it I'm fucking fine" — you grabbed your drink and stood up, downing the rest of your beer.

sweet pea wrapped his arm around your waist and pulled you in "baby is there something going on?" — your chest fluttered, and your groin twitched. you loved it when he called you that. his warm breath tickled your ear, and his familiar scent enveloped your senses for a split second, making you want to melt and forget all your jealousy. "I'm fine sweets" — you replied in a lie. you were about to say something else until your eyes landed on Claire walking back over.