mary's song, nathan scott

MARY'S SONG (oh my my my) 1:00 ───⊙─────── 3:59

1:00 ────────── 3:59

Rosemary 'Mary' Ericsson was the only person in the world who knew the true Nathan Scott. Mary and Nathan had grown up with each other, houses side by side, and formed a friendship so strong that it had never showed signs of breaking. They'd been polar opposites even then, the shy girl and the extroverted boy, yet they simply seemed to gel together so well. It wasn't until she began to take an interest in the happenings of Lucas Scott that things started to change.

He was a boy she'd seen around, heard about just as much, but had never really had much contact with. Nathan didn't want to know him, had grown up with so much hate in his heart because of his father, so Rosemary simply latched onto the idea of avoiding him at all costs. Hayley James, Lucas' best friend, was somebody else she'd only had minor run ins with — it turns out that the two of them had more in common than once thought.

In order to boost her college resume, Rosemary started up her own music club at Tree Hill High School. She hadn't expected many people to turn up, her love of music not often shared by those amongst the halls, but Hayley had surprised her. Through their love of music came friendship and with their friendship came Lucas Scott.

Unfortunately for her, Nathan's inability to see past his father's ideas about Lucas, meant the two once inseparable friends hit a rough patch. She missed him, he missed her, yet neither of them were willing the break the silence between them. She'd feel his eyes on her in the school hallways and avoid him all together, the brunette gravitating to the side of the boy who Nathan couldn't stand to be around.

A classic case of absence makes the heart grow fonder, every accidental meeting of the eyes causing her heart to race and her face to flush a scarlet red. He'd pretend not to notice the way he missed the sight of her smile or the smell of her floral perfume. Their parents had once joked about the two of them falling in love, the Ericsson-Scott's they'd said. Neither of them had paid any attention, Rosemary always content with the idea of falling in love with some boy she'd meet later in life.

Yet here they are, both so incredibly incapable of hiding what they truly feel, in love with their best friend.

ONE TREE HILL SEASON ONE — ?

KATIE HOLMES (YOUNG) IS ROSEMARY ERICSSON"Take me back to the time where we had our very first fight, the slamming of doors instead of kissing goodnight"

"Take me back to the time where we had our very first fight, the slamming of doors instead of kissing goodnight"

ADDITIONAL CHARACTERS

- FIONA ERICSSON (mother)
- SIMON ERICSSON (father)

ADDITIONAL INFO

This is just a fun, cute kind of plot. I love the song this is based off so much, it's so underrated 😭.

If you have any questions, please just comment or send me a message!