castles crumbling, finnick odair ✓

TAKEN BY @LOVES1CKBETTS

CASTLES CRUMBLING3:19 ————|——— 5:05

CASTLES CRUMBLING
3:19 ————|——— 5:05

Adaliya had known since she was a little girl that she was much too fragile for the horror of the Hunger Games and yet, when her name was called, she was not even slightly shocked by it. She'd seen people she loved die the same way — her older sister torn apart by an evil girl from District Two and her younger brother not even surviving the initial bloodbath. Her parents, in their attempt to rebel had gotten themselves killed and not even a year later, the only remaining child was thrown into the Games to die. The lineage of a family that had done nothing but cause the Capitol problems was set to come to a screeching halt and it would have, if the brunette hadn't managed to fight her way out.

Snow knew who she was and what her family stood for, when she came out the other side he made sure that none of that would ever come to pass again. Forced to live within a large building in the Capitol centre, Adaliya made her public appearances and kept that fake smile plastered upon her face for Panem to see.

She knew the things they said about her within the Districts, that she was a traitor, a disgrace to her family name. They believed the news of her settling into life in the Capitol, refusing to return to District Five because she enjoyed life in riches so much better and even going as far to believe she'd asked Snow not to give them the year supply of grain and oil that would usually be given.

The people of the Capitol adored her, would hang onto every soft word she spoke as if they were hypnotic, but she'd never cared what they thought. They weren't her people, they stood for everything she hated — and yet she's now seen as one of them.

Adaliya was a pawn, one that Snow had used to his advantage in the game of life, manipulating the Districts into despising her in hopes to squash any type of rumbling within poorer parts of the country. Her reign, the one that had been bestowed onto her with the death of her parents, had crumbled into dust along with her reputation.

For years she simply lived with it, there was no other choice. Adaliya greeted the new Victors with kind smiles and took photos with her 'adoring fans' as if she was the happiest person in the world, the expectation weighing down on her shoulders so heavy that she feared for her life if she didn't do as told. She knew exactly what would happen if she stepped out of line — District Five may hate her, but her love for them ran so deep her heart ached every time she thought of them.

It wasn't until Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark came along that she finally felt some reprieve. Two teenagers entangled in a web of rebellion and emotion, something she knows about better than anybody. Yet their rebellion sparked more than just hope, it also brought consequences.

Adaliya knew the moment the Quell was announced that she would have to return home for the Reaping but she also knew exactly what would happen. Every one of the few papers in that bowl had her name on it, she can almost guarantee it, and the people of her District practically rejoiced when she was called. There was no verbal happiness but she could see it in their eyes, their body language. In that moment, she wanted to die, wanted the Games to truly be the end of her after all these years.

She knew her fellow Victors would be a little kinder, a little more understanding, but watching the way their faces would fall when she walked by was enough to show that they didn't care for her either. All except one because if there was anybody who knew what it was like to be taken advantage of by Snow and the Capitol it was Finnick Odair.

Adaliya grew to trust him rather quickly in what may have been naivety, nobody had bothered to get to know her in a long time. Perhaps that's why she was so willing to follow him into a battle she'd been silently wanting to fight for a long time, joining the rebellion plot to take down Snow and The Capitol once and for all.

Her ticket to freedom truly rested on the shoulders of one girl, Katniss Everdeen of District Twelve, and yet all she could see was into the future. A future where she could actually smile a true smile, laugh with happiness and have people who loved her.

A future where people could see her as a person and not some sort of monster.

CATCHING FIRE — MOCKINGJAY*

OLIVIA COOKE IS ADALIYA LONGHURST

"Now they're screaming at the palace front gates, used to chant my name, now they're screaming that they hate me
Never wanted you to hate me"

EXTRA INFORMATION

I'm so sorry the description is so long (feel free to shorten it if you take this plot!) but I really love this plot so much and Adaliya is probably one of the more complicated characters I've ever thought up.

So her family were known to be the rebellious type, had started several problems in her District and eventually they were killed for them. She's the last one left so many of the people in her District, and the others, started to look at her as a symbol of rebellion which she would've been if the Games hadn't have happened. After winning she is locked away in Capitol and brought out for her public appearances every couple of weeks. The people of the Districts believe she's betrayed them and begin to despise her for it — Snow fabricates many stories to the media to make her look like she would rather live lavishly than follow in her parents footsteps.

I can really see her wanting to protect Katniss and Peeta when it comes to the Games (both before and after) because they do have a lot in common.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!