Chapter 8

Rae's POV

The next morning I wake up with the sun and look over to Demi and she sleeping peacefully. Last night I don't think I had a nightmare or at least she didn't have to wake me up. I stretch and head for the kitchen to get a cup of coffee.

Tonight is family dinner. We usually have it in the middle of the week but over the past two weeks everyone agreed I wasn't in the right frame of mind I am feeling much better and can definitely handle my own family for a few hours.

Next week my grandparents are visiting, yes they are still alive and are really getting up there in age but insist that they come to see us so we don't have to travel with the kids but I think it would be a good experience for all of us. I really don't like it when they travel because of their age but they insist. Next time I want to go there.

I am looking forward to seeing them because we have gotten closer over the years and they always come at least once a year to see us and the kids. They love Demi and Sara and they love my kids and nephews. They always spend a week with us and a week with James and Sara. They spend a week with us first so they will be here next week.

I jump when I feel hands wrap around my waist.

"As much as I love seeing you this way do you think the kids should?" Demi asks and I can hear the smirk.

I look down and see I am only wearing a t-shirt that doesn't even cover my bottom half... I must have forgotten to check.

"You are right... I should go put some clothes on before the little loves get up." I turn around to face her sitting my coffee down on the table next to us.

I snake my arms around her neck and her hands find my butt. I puy my lips on hers and put one hand behind her head deepening the kiss. She slowly pulls back moving to my ear before whispering.

"You better not start something you don't intend to finish." She warns and I pull back and look into her lust-filled eyes before hearing movement upstairs. I sigh before moving away from her.

"I should go change," I say slowly moving further away.

"I love you." She says as I turn away.

"I love you too, babe." I return and head upstairs.

I quickly throw on a bra and panty set and a clean shirt along with shorts before heading to the kid's room. I look in the crack of the door to see Eli next to Luna's bed.

"Its okay, Luna, it was a dream. Momma and Mommy keep us safe." He says in a comforting tone.

"Big scawy monster." She mumble.

He looks under her bed quickly then smiles at her.

"No monster." He smiles.

"No monster?" She says.

"Not in Momma's home, not allowed." He says.

"Momma keep monster owt?" She asks.

He nods. "And Mommy." He says. "Mommy protects Momma so Momma protects us." He explains.

Her face has dried tears but she is now smiling widely at him.

I slowly open the door and they both look at me wide-eyed.

"How are my little ones today?" I ask smiling.

"Eli make the big monster go bye-bye." She says waving.

"Did he?" I ask and she nods. "Did you?" I ask Eli smiling at him.

"No, you did Momma." He says.

"Well, little man, I think you were very brave to make sure they were gone for her," I told him and he smiled at me feeling proud of himself.