17. LIFE

It smelt good like a chef in the kitchen good

It smelt good like a chef in the kitchen good. She was cooking salmon fish with potatoes and asparagus.

"Hey you took your time, 45 minutes." Laya joked.

"I did, I thought I was only 20 minutes." I joked back.

"I didn't know I had a chef for a roommate." I complimented Laya.

"I know how to make a thing or two." Laya giggled.

"Ok so I have a new drink I bought in the fridge, could you get that please?" She asked.

"Yh sure." I replied going to get the bottle and a couple glasses which Laya had told me where to find. I placed them on the table whilst Laya placed two plates on the table. That night we laughed and got to know each other, me and her had a lot in common and one happened to be how we did not like Roman and his gang. She had told me a lot about herself and I also told her a lot but not about my real parents.

"ANNA! ANNA!" Laya shouted whilst storming into my room.

I peeled open my eyes to see a funny haired Laya stood in front of me.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked sleepily while getting comfortable. But that was short lived when Laya pulled my duvet from my body.

"Look at the time, we're late." she loudly voiced.

"Oh shit!" I whispered jumping from my bed. Me and Laya both rushed to change and grab our bags. She pulled off making two hot drinks while we were changing and we ran across the car park to the college grounds. We hurried as the last herd of people were going in through the doors.

We both made it to class just on time, her classes were always next to mine. We were studying the same things but were in different groups. As I walked in I walked straight to the back right corner and made eye contact with no one.

Mr Lin got on with his class and I got on with the bunched up papers being thrown at my head from the girls, Lisa, Cora and Rita. Roman just sniggered and Sean was always running his mouth; it never stopped. Saint and Pietro were two rows in front of me and kept to themselves.

The bell went and I was so relieved but just as I walked out the classroom doors I felt really hot liquid being poured onto my head and felt it go into my eyes.

"Whoops, I dropped my coffee." Lisa laughed. All I felt was the burning sensation on my head and back of my eyes. I tried opening them but couldn't see where I was going.

"IT BURNS, IT BURNS!," I started shouting loudly, "PLEASE HELP ME, LAYA LAYA!"

I started shaking as I started getting flashbacks of the time my father couldn't hold back his anger, the burning sensation reminded me of the hot shower he held me under whilst I learnt my lesson.

As panic rose in my chest I didn't realise the two hands grab me and start pulling me. All I kept saying was, "It hurts, it burns. Please."

I was pulled through a door and felt cold water being splashed on my face and head.