1

Skylar

    "Does this dress make my body look good?"

Dylan looked up from her phone and looked towards me while I stood in the mirror with a confused look on my face.

    "Your body always looks good. Now can you hurry up so we can get to the club on time?" Dylan asked before looking back down at her phone.

I grabbed my purse and we made our way towards the penthouse elevator. Tonight is the first night I've been out since splitting up with my ex. I finally feel ready to start dating again, and I want to look my best tonight in case I run into somebody worthy of my time.

    "Let me call Maverick and make sure the girls are getting ready for bed."

It's been about 6 months since Maverick and I decided to call it quits. We met when we were juniors in high school; Maverick was on the basketball team and I was on varsity cheer. Our parents were close friends, so we had already known each other for quite some time. We began dating in our senior year and were together 3 years before we had the girls.

Luca Atlas and Blayke Noa Montgomery were born August 7th, 2018.

It was hard in the beginning being young and having twins, but we eventually got the hang of being parents and that was just the start of our journey together. We began our company "Atlas James" when the girls were 9 months old. Our lives began to change when we began to sell out in minutes after dropping. Fast forward 4 years and the business is still going strong. Can't say the same for our relationship though.

I've always known I've been attracted to women, but it wasn't until recently I found out I was in fact not attracted to men in the same way. Yes, I know I have twins with a man, but I was young and in denial and one thing led to another and I'm now a 26-year-old single mom of twins.

    "Goodnight girls, mommy loves you!" I said, as I made my way to the car. "Tell daddy to give you extra goodnight kisses for me."

Dylan laughed, getting into the passenger seat of the car. She thinks I've gone soft since becoming a mother.

    "Goodnight Mav." I said before hanging up.

Mav and I were still best friends despite everything. He was super supportive of me when I finally came out to him, and even offered to help set me up with girls.

...

We pulled up to the club and the line had wrapped around the whole building. Luckily, given my status, we didn't have to worry about that. Me and Dyl walked straight past the line and made our way inside in search of our friends we were meeting tonight.

    "Sky! Dyl! Get your asses over here!" I heard Lyric yell as we made our way over to the VIP lounge area.

    "Cheers to Skylar finally getting out of the house for a fun night," Taylor teased as she handed us each a shot. "It's about time mommy came out of hiding."

I rolled my eyes cringing at Taylor's wording as I proceeded to down the shot. Dylan made her way to the dance floor as she proceeded to stumble upon two unfamiliar girls. I made my way over to the bar and sat on a stool with my back towards the dance floor, while Lyric and Taylor danced with each other and Dylan, being Dylan, flirted with the two girls.

    "What can I do for you, Mrs.Montgomery?" The bartender asked. " It's Miss Montgomery now, but please just call me Skylar."

Did I forget to mention Maverick owned this club?

    "Just give me something strong Jay" I said with a smile,

After I was handed my drink, I sat at the bar completely in my thoughts. How was I supposed to find someone when I was too nervous to get my ass off the bar stool? Before I could complete my thought, Dylan came over with the two blondes and tapped me on my shoulder.