[ 010 ] concealed frustration.

HEARING DAMAGE
TEEN NOLA - CHAPTER TEN !

            YET AGAIN JACKIE HAD found something completely useless to pass the time

YET AGAIN JACKIE HAD found something completely useless to pass the time. Instead of helping the rest of the group with cleaning and foraging, the Taylor girl had busied herself with attempting to fix Van's Walkman. This was a total waste of time seeing as how no one really cared at that moment. It also wasn't as if that couldn't be done later in the day, when the sun had set and they had all headed inside the cabin for the night.

            Nola couldn't bring herself to say anything. Even the thought of looking at Jackie in that moment had the Rilke girl's stomach churning. Nola knew that if she tried to open her mouth, malicious, spiteful words would slip free, effectively straining her already weakened relationship with Jackie.

            No, if someone wished to speak to Jackie, she certainly wouldn't get in the way and she certainly wouldn't attempt to defend her but no, she was planning on keeping her head down. She had her own problems to contend with after all. The footsteps in the attic from the night prior still had her freaked.

            "Thanks for jinxing me." At the sweet sound of her girlfriends voice, Nola peered up from her basin of soaked clothes to see the Shipman girl holding up a blood stained wad of previously white fabric.

"Welcome to club Flo." Jackie sarcastically quipped with a grin. She glanced back down to the Walkman in her hand before looking up at Shauna again who sat down not that far away from her. "Call me when your ready to shake Misty down for Motrin."

            There was a moment of silence before Jackie aggressively cried out, "Ugh, these batteries! Fucking cocksucker!" The dirtiest of looks were sent from nearly everyone that was working outside the cabin. She remained oblivious to the way in which people's opinions on her were changing.

Shauna however was not oblivious. She had caught the nasty looks, felt fear rush through her veins. She needed to get Jackie out of there before everyone decided that enough was enough. With a sigh, the Shipman girl dusted her hands off her pants as she stood before crossing the distance to stand beside Jackie. "Come on, you're coming with me." She uttered, holding out her hand.

Confusion struck Jackie. She didn't understand why Shauna suddenly wanted to bring her away. She was busy after all. She had a Walkman to fix, how else would she contribute? She glanced over at Nola, a laugh of disbelief leaving her lips though it quickly died down when she witnessed on to the fact the Rilke girl turn her eyes away to avoid eye contact.

"Let's go come on." Shauna urged more forcefully now. She grabbed hold of Jackie's hand, pulled her to her feet and began to tug her away from the group.