Steven Conklin - Call me

At first Hannah thought that a summer in a quite little town across the coast would be boring. 

And at first she was right, but that was before she met him. 

"Hannah" he mother yelled up the stairs "I'm going to the country club to talk with some of the other mum's do you want to come and meet people ?" she waited for a moment but got no response "Or are you going to stay in your room all day every day until we go home?" 

Hannah rolled over on her bed, it was way to early to hear her mothers overenthusiastic voice. She groaned "No mum, I'm good up here" 

She could practically hear her mother's sigh and small shake of her head as she walked out of the front door alone and drove to the Cousins Country Club. 

Hannah's dad walked into the room shaking his head jokingly "Come on Anna, it's a nice day outside and you stay up here too often. What kind of teenager are you ? Shouldn't you be off having fun and making mischief somewhere with some friends ?"

Hannah smiled to herself "Dad, that stuff is just not for me ,okay. Besides I don't know anybody here" 

He sat down next to her on the bed " Come on Anna go spend some time down at the country club pool, meet people your own age" she didn't move so he sighed and smiled "What is I sweeten the deal by offering to buy you some more books for going to the pool for two hours?"

Hannah's head snapped towards him "Do you really mean it ?" she asked and he nodded. Hannah agreed and quickly sent her dad out of the room so she could get changed. 

She wore a lovely plain bikini that showed off her figure nicely without being too revealing. She covered herself in a white lacy beach cover up with a floppy sunhat. Hannah's dad drove her to the Clubhouse and gave her an encouraging smile. 

"Have fun Hannah, I'll come and get you in two hours" then he drove off leaving her to fend for herself. She walked into the public area and saw people everyone. Young people, Old People ,In-between People. 

Hannah claimed a sunbed and started to close her eyes. She had no phone and no books, nothing to entertain herself with so she tried to sleep but it was just too hot so she went to get a drink and a snack. 

She went to the snack shack and saw a tall boy with jet black hair he was the waiter. He paused and looked at her then smiled and asked "And what can I get for the lovely lady?" 

Hannah smiled sheepishly not used hearing compliments from cute boys "Um-m I'll just have a coke please" she said quietly. She wasn't even sure he would hear her, she dreaded the thought of having to repeat herself. 

"On coke coming right up" he made a huge display of getting a coke and pouring it in a glass with an umbrella and ice, he even added a slice of lemon to the side dramatically ,making Hannah giggle at his silliness. 

He slid the drink over to her with a smile. Hannah began to reach for her purse but he shook his head "It's on the house" she looked at him nervously. "A-are you sure?" 

He nodded so Hannah grabbed the drink and decided to sit at the barstool. "I haven't properly introduced myself" she began "My names Hannah" 

He smiled "Hannah, that's a pretty name. I'm Steven." 

"Hi Steven" she said happily. "So what brings you to cousins?" Steven asked curiously. 

Hannah just shrugged "My mum likes to spend each holiday in a different place so we travel a lot. Last year it was Paris, This year its Cousins" she sighed "Next year could literally be anywhere"

"Wow that sound really cool" Steven said in absolute awe. Hannah just shook her head "Sure it sounds great but I never really get to make friends it normally just hurts more when I leave." she noticed his face was falling so she changed the topic "So what about you?" 

He smiled again "I'm actually the complete opposite I've been coming here every year since before I could remember. It's always me, mom and Belly my little sister we come here with mom's best friend Susannah and her two kids Conrad and Jeremiah."

"I bet you guys are really close then" Hannah guessed rather enviously. He nodded "Yeah we all practically grew up here together"

The talked for a long time about this, that and the other when Steven turned to the clock briefly and gasped at the time "Wo I can hardly believe we have been chatting here for nearly two whole hours"

She laughed "Wow who knew." Then she realised "Oh shoot my Dad's going to be waiting for me at the car park"

"Going somewhere?" he asked sadly. Hannah nodded "Yeah my dad is taking me book shopping in return for getting out of the house and going to talk to people." 

Steven laughed "Wow you really are that anti-social" she lightly hit his shoulder "Oh shut up Steven" 

She slowly got off the barstool and said her goodbye before heading off to  the car park. 

Steven sighed as she left, despite only talking for two hours he had began to feel like he had known her his entire life. He mentally hit himself for not getting her phone number before he left, how was he ever going to find her again. 

He started clearing up the bar when he saw a napkin with some writing on it.

He read the message aloud "You never asked so here's my phone number, Call me"

He smiled the direction Hannah had left and held the note to his heart. He didn't know what was wrong with him but he knew he felt something for her. He just didn't realise how far his feelings would go.