Steven Conklin - Little Sister

For as long as Katherine could remember she had been in love with one boy. A boy who made her feel loved when her brother excluded her. The boy who was always there for her. The boy she could never have. Her brothers best friend Steven Conklin. 

This was the Summer that Katherine hoped would change things between them. 

Katherine had been in the kitchen helping her Mom, Susannah with something when she heard a car honk and someone yelling "They're here!"

She was about to run out of the house but quickly checked her appearance in the mirror then went out. 

"What's up?" Katherine said getting to Laurel and hugging her "Hi. Oh, my go..." she gestured to Kathy.  

"Hello." Jeremiah smiled jumping in "Long time no see." he pulled Laurel in for a hug. Laurel just smiled in response "Good to see you. Hi."

Susannah ran over to Laurel "Oh, my God."

Jeremiah ran over to Steven next and that was when he exclaimed "You've been going to the gym, bro? Seriously. Oh, my God."

Laurel nodded in agreement "I know."

Belly then got out of the car and gave Katherine a smile as Kathy's jaw dropped. Belly had changed so much "Oh, my God."

Jeremiah looked over to Belly also noticing the change. He laughed and picked her up "Look who came back all grown up."

"Oh, put me down." Belly told him as he picked her up and spun her around happily. 

Katherine looked at Jeremiah and Belly rather jealously but also pityingly, clearly Jeremiah loved Belly but Belly only saw Conrad. She wished that Steven was as loving to her as Jere was to Belly. 

Steven walked over and ruffled her hair "Hey Kathy Wathy" she shoved his hand away "Hey" she complained "I just straightened my hair this morning"

He laughed quietly to himself "You should leave it it looks better when its natural." Katherine smiled to herself and noted to keep her natural hair. 

For the rest of the day Katherine helped Belly unpack and get ready to go down to the beach. She helped her Mom make dinner with Laurel. Ten at diner she helped her brothers and Belly make fun of Steven when Jere took his phone away and threw it onto a cushion. 

Now the boys were all getting ready to go to the First Summer Bonfire Party which Belly and Kathy were forbidden from going to. 

"First bonfire of the summer!" Jere and Steven exclaimed. Jeremiah nodded "All right, we're totally taking my car." 

Steven shook his head with a laugh "You're not driving." 

"Come on, man, we're leaving. You ready?" 

"Can I come, too?" Kathy asked considering she was turning 16 in two weeks "Uh, no. The moms and Belly are getting everything set up for your movie night." Conrad told her.  

Jere shook his head "Come on guys Kathy is nearly 16" 

Conrad disagreed "Jere she's not coming." he turned to his little sister "See you Kathy." 

"Let's go, slowpoke." Steven insisted as Jere gave Kathy an apologetic smile. "Have fun with the moms and Belly tonight Kathy. Trust me you're not missing much. Maybe next year" then he left. 

"Brownies are going in. Go put the DVD in." Susannah told Belly ,who nodded and ran to the front room.  

Katherine sighed "Uh, do we have to watch It Happened One Night? Can't we do something different?" she asked.  

Laurel paused and looked at Kathy confused "But we always watch It Happened One Night on the first night." Susannah shook her head and compromised "Well, we could watch The Philadelphia Story instead."