Epilogue

Some Months Later

Some Months Later...

Omniscient

Normani wakes up screaming and out of breath. Chills running through her body as she swears something is here. Someone.

She turns the lamp on and starts pulling the drawer by her bedside table. The gun glistening in the dim warm light of the lamp.

"It's okay!" Megan quickly swoops in for comfort. "Aye, it's all good."

Megan sets a comforting hand on her leg.

"Hey, baby, I'm right here. do you need anything?"

Normani is breathing so hard and quickly that she can't hear her at first.

"Normani..."

Megan starts turning on her lamp snd speaks louder, repeating what she just said.

Normani seems as though she is still panicking and swearing she saw someone.

"Baby, no one is here."

The door opens and Normani shivers.

"Is she okay?"

Samira is confused, squinting at the bright light in the door.

"I swear to god I heard him."

Her PTSD has riled up all over again. Specifically in her nightmares. Megan has always been there and Samira will always offer her a snack from her own snack stockpile.

"You're okay."

"Do you want a sour patch?"

"No. I swear he was there! He was right there oh my god and you were---" Normani breaks out on sobs. "I know it's not real, but it felt so real. He was here. That's all I can say!"

Samira leaves to go find a snack upon Megan's signal.

Megan begins opening their closet drawers and the bathroom door.

She pleads with Normani, "No one is here baby. He's not gonna hurt us. No one is. We are all safe. I promised I would do everything to keep us all safe."

Samira returns with a sour patch kids box of candy. Like the ones you get at the movie theaters.

"Thanks."

"Anything else?" Samira offers.

"No, this is fine, thank you."