17| On the road

PLZ COMMENT!!!

The four days passed by in a blink of an eye. Thankfully I didn't see Arsalan any of these days. I spent most of my time with my parents and siblings. These days were a turmoil of emotions as the reality of moving out was hitting me and my family hard. My siblings would frequently cry and beg me to not leave but there was nothing I could do except let them know everything would be ok. My sister even drew our family on a small piece of paper to the best her little hands could draw and gave it to me as a reminder. My parents would talk in the most sentimental manner which would bring tears to my eyes as well. God forbid it sometimes felt like I wasn't just leaving my home but rather the world.

Finally, my most dreaded day arrived- The day I would leave my family behind. My bags were packed with the necessities I would need and I was ready in my most modest outfit of warm colors so as not to stand out from the crowd. I had tied my front hair back in a small ponytail while the rest hung loosely behind. I put on my head scarf and any jewelry that was important to me. I didn't wear my wedding ring but put it in my bag incase Arsalan asked. I walked out of my house towards where the carriage awaited. My family walked with me and I cherished every moment because these would be some of the memories that would remain with me for the next few months. Once we arrived at the large carriage, I saw Arsalan standing beside it in a surprisingly dashing outfit which did make him look quite princely. There were several guards around mounted on horses.

I hugged my parents tightly and then my siblings. I let my sister know that I had her drawing with me in my pocket and then turned towards the carriage door. My eyes were teary but I had managed to keep those tears in. One servant who stood by the carriage door opened it for me. Without looking back, I went in and took a seat on the right side facing the front of the carriage. Arsalan followed in and sat to the left. The servant then closed the carriage door and I heard a series of commands from the guards and coachman. Within a few seconds, the carriage started moving with a jolt and I gave a final wave to my family through the window before we disappeared around the corner.

I wiped away the tears from my eyes while looking out through the window at the gorgeous mountainous sights. The misty air filled the carriage and a chill ran down my back at the sudden cold breeze. I tried my best to ignore Arsalan sitting right there a few inches away but my mind kept reminding me of his presence. 

"Don't worry, we will be back before you know it" Arsalan said, adding some sound to the silent ride.

"Uhmm" I said while still looking out trying to gather myself and remind myself there would be lots for me to see ahead.

"Do you like to travel?" He asked and I could feel his gaze on me. I finally turned my head straight to look at him sitting opposite to me a bit to my right.

"I do" I said in a slightly hoarse voice

"Well, you are basically going to see every different part of the world on this travel" Arsalan said with awe and a smile while still looking at me. An unconditional yet weak smile formed on my face.

"So you haven't forgotten to smile!" he said jokingly and I shook my head trying to suppress my smile from getting bigger at his goofy words

"Can I ask you for something?" I said suddenly and he looked at me in surprise as if I had asked something unusual.

"Of course. What is it?" He said curiously

"I... I have been wanting to go to Kaylock for years. Would we be going there?" I asked and his expressions suddenly hardened and he looked away.

"Kaylock isn't the best option for travel. Besides, we do not have great ties with that kingdom and do not have any official business to attend to with them"