Chapter 1: Routine

Day 124, I scratched into my wall as I woke up, still groggy from not getting much sleep. It was quiet, still morning like always. I ve always hated how quiet it always is. Once I had fully woken up dont forgot to feed Lucifer I thought to myself . Oh and about the 124, it marks the 124th day of the zombie apocalypse,I mark it into my wall so I have routine. It's mostly because I don't wanna go crazy but it's whatever.
I got up, got dressed, I put on a black tank top, a jacket, and some random pants I need to get new pants. I thought to myself as I noticed just how beat up they actually we're. I put on my converses, tied my hair into a messy ponytail with my bangs out. Put on my backpack and got ready to leave. I said good morning to Lucifer, as I was walking out the door shit, i forgot to feed Lucifer. I finished feeding him and got my stuff ready to leave. I was running low on food that's the only reason I'm going out today, I usually just stay in bed reading, working out, or go for a run. Don't forget your bat, I thought to myself so of course I grabbed it and then kissed Lucifer Goodbye and walked out the door.
I made sure the coast was clear before going outside, looking through the peephole it seemed safe. I walked out looking around for a few seconds making sure there was nothing lurking and finally convinced myself how many times I've done this and started walking. I walked down my unnecessarily long driveway trying to not make much sound, then I heard something was that a twig snapping. I spun around ready to swing but... Nothing was there strange I thought to myself, nonetheless I kept walking when finally I reached the end of the driveway. The town was always the quietest, I hate it, I walked to the gas station to look for food checked the bathroom, backroom and everywhere else making sure it was okay to go in. Once I thought it was safe I got some water bottles, doritos, gum, and a lot more chips. Of course thats not enough so I headed to the grocery store next. It was a lot bigger thats why I avoid going there, but I have to do what i have to do I told myself.
I was quiet going, in a few weeks ago I had removed the little bell on the door so I didn't make a lot of noise. I got some bread and things to make sandwiches, also stuff to make salads because you gotta stay healthy in the apocalypse, I tried to force a laugh to cheer myself up. Id be lying if I said I'm not absolutely lonely and I don't know how longer I can handle it. Anyways lets not focus on that, I got some apples, I've always loved apples, blueberries, then I moved onto the hardware store. I was running out of space in my book bag so I could only get a few things today. I got some bug spray, nails, a hammer, and a better bat this wooden one ain't doing it for me.
Clank, clank, crash.....
I felt my stomach drop it sounded like something fell and shattered what was that, what is glass, how did it fall, maybe it fell on its own, no there no way. I immediately ducked down and got to the floor, I tried to listen for anything else but there was nothing. I stood up, got my bat ready slowly got up to the end on the isle, I jumped around the corner and swung.
BANG!
I had my eyes closed in fear but I knew I had hit the side of the isle, I opened my eyes and almost jumped when I saw someone. It was a man, I was shocked and I'm sure he was to my bat was inches away from his face. But I was confused I hadn't see anyone is this town since everything died down, where did he come from. We both stood their for a second until he cautiously took his mask off. Pausing a little bit before it was fully off, I was so shocked all I could get out was,
"R-ray!?".
To be continued.....
(Hey guys this is my first story and I hope y'all like it it's 753 words and I will be making more chapters I promise)