Chapter 2: A spark reignited

(Slight spice)
"Ray!?" I yelled not believing what I was seeing. "Maddie...?" he said looking like he didn't believe it either. Feeling like I just got punched in the chest "I-is it really you..." is all i managed to sputter out, it didn't help that I was still in shock from even seeing another person that isn't trying to eat my brains.
     "Yes, yes it's really me." he said smiling, his eyes glazed over as if he was about to cry. I couldn't believe it, I stood there stunned, before I could say anything he pulled me into a tight hug. All I could do was cry, I had been holding it in since the outbreak happened. Ever since...we were separated, I mean to be fair you don't really have time to cry when your fighting for your life.
     "Oh my god *sniff* I n-never thought I'd s-see you again." I sobbed. "Shush, it's okay baby ive got you, it's gonna be okay." he whispered to me, I pulled my head back to look at him. He was also crying, I smiled and let out a little laugh. He gently cuffed my face as he wiped my tears, we both just stared into each other's eyes relishing in the moment. I sniffed, wiping my nose, he also started smiling and let out a small laugh. "I, I don't even know what to say." I said to break the silence. "Phew, I thought it was just me." he said moving the hair from my face.
     "Sorry for trying to hit you with my bat." I laughed, "well I'm sorry for trying to sneak up on you." he replied. "Wait, was that you earlier when I heard that twig snap?" I said pushing him back playfully. "Yes, it was, you'd think with my life on the line 24/7 id be less clumsy." he laughed. "Yeah I know right, and the the other thing you knocked over." I said motioning towards the pile of broken glass on the floor. He didn't respond as I felt his hand intertwine with mine and his other hand return to my cheek. It felt as if time slowed down as he Leaned into me, closing his eyes. I also closed my eyes as our lips collided and time went back to normal. I opened my mouth allowing our toung's to intertwine. "God I missed this" he growled against my lips as he held me up as I stumbled back. He broke the kiss just looking down at me with pure love In his eyes. "I missed you to." I said, out of breath. "I forgot how good of a kisser you are." I added, he laughed and responded "yeah I as well" the moment was interrupted as I noticed how dim the store was. "Shit!" I blurted out grabbing his hand as I started pulling him frantically towards the exit. "Woah, woah hold on what's wrong?" he said not budging an inch, "look how dark it is, I never stay out this late." I said tugging him a lot harder now, a little panic behind my voice. "Yeah, so?" he replied still not budging.
"So! I-...im afraid of the dark... I thought you knew this." . "Ohhh yeah, how could I forgot." he said smiling, "here I've got an idea." he replied, grinning a little more. Before I could turn back around to face him I was swooped up bridal style, not being ready for that I let out a little squeal. "Aww that was so cute." he said in a teasing voice, "shut up" I mumbled, turning a bright shade of pink. "Aw your blushing"he said starting to walk towards the exit "just bury your face in my chest and I'll walk us, I think I remember the way to your house." he said confidently. "Okay, I guess that would be okay" as I closed my eyes. It sounded so peaceful outside, I would usually take a lantern or a flashlight with me to enjoy it. Today I didn't grab one because I didn't plan on being out this late. Before I knew it we were home.
"We're here" he said breaking the silence, his voice making me jump a little because I had just adjusted to the quite of the night. I gave him the key to unlock the door, he put me down as we stepped inside. "Wow it's clean in here" he said scanning the room. "Thank you, I like to keep it clean, it gives me something to do." *yawn* "hmm, someone's tired" he said poking my side "yeah, it's been an eventful day." I laughed. "Well let's get to bed I guess" he said as I led him to my room, I undressed in the bathroom, putting on an oversized T-shirt and some athletic shorts. He was already in bed waiting for me.
     "Wow first cuddle session in, what is it now, 6 andddd a half months?". "That would be correct" he said, a grin appearing across his face. "Well we better make it up" I said, returning the grin as I plopped down on the bed. "I forgot how nice your touch was" he mumbled into my ear, "the feeling is mutual" I replied. He whispered sweet nothings into my ear, that's how the two of us fell asleep. Huh, I just realized I haven't used the word "us" in so long, i think i like it, I like us.