Romance dawn

Above is the main outfit you wear throughout the series.

! outfit inspo from @ageminifairy on TikTok/ @annalysetaylor on Instagram !

Based off the Netflix live action One Piece.

Shells Town, 153rd Marine branch.

Sometimes, you wonder just how different your life might have been if you hadn't docked at the large town that day. If you hadn't trudged through the Marine based cove and stopped to eat. If you hadn't met them.

It would've been pretty boring, wouldn't it?

Making sure that your hood covered your face as you slipped inside the tavern, you took a seat at the tavern you visit whenever in town. Smiling up at the bar keep as she walked over to you. 

"A jug of water and whatever meal this will get me, please Anne." You say, placing a pouch of Berry on the counter between you. She swipes at it and does a quick check before offering you a slight smile in return, placing a jug of water and a glass cup in front of you.

"Just a moment for your grub, Astra." She says, before turning to another patron. Nodding your head, you glance around the tavern. Counting the number of Marine's crawling around, a sense of unease churns in your gut, and you look away from the uniformed men before drawing attention to yourself.

There's an old straw hat that catches your eye, and you feel a glimmer of hope before you realize that the person wearing the hat is definitely not the man you were hoping for, and you turn your gaze in disappointment.

When your food arrives, you offer the chef - a young girl name Rika - your thanks before digging in. Nearly groaning at how good the meal is when something is plopped down on the stool next to you.

 "A bottle for me and one for my friend." A monotone voice speaks out, and you curious peak beneath your hood to take a look at the speaker, only to mask your gag at the sight of the top half of a body next to you. "He's had a rough day."

You eye the green haired stranger next to you as he turns around and leans on the counter. Three swords attached at his hip. 

'A pirate?' You wonder. 'A bounty hunter, maybe?'. Your thoughts are cut off when the man in question clears his throat, no doubt noticing you staring at him so blatantly.

"Sorry." You say, embarassed as you mindlessly fidget with one of your four rings - the worn out silver one setted with an amethyst stone on your left middle finger.

 The strangers hums in bored acknowledgement before the young chef catches his attention. A plate in her hand.

"What's this?" He asks, motioning at the plate with his bottle, and your lips curl at the proud grin on her face.

"Rice balls." The young girls says, raising the plate towards him. "For you."

"You made them yourself?"

"Mhm!"

"What's the brown stuff?" He asks, turning his head away.

"Chocolate! Makes everything taste better." She notes, matter-of-factly.

Rika turns around when her mother calls for her. Only to slam into a tall, lanky blonde Marine who had reached for a shot glass. The plate clatters to the floor as Rika backs away in a mixture of shock and fear, and you slowly straighten your back. Feeling tension in the air.