1. Lost trust (End)

(English is not my first language ^^)

•~•

Du Wei banged the door of his own bedroom, his face flushed due to sweat, "Lan'er! Baby, I told you that bitch drugged me to sleep with him! Please understand, Lan'er."

A stern voice shouted furiously behind the door separating Du Wei and his wife inside.

"Scram! You're noisy!"

Du Wei subconsciously decrease the strength of his fist, using his knuckles to gently knock on the door. When he heard his wife silencing him, he knew that their little child was currently sleeping.

He softened his voice, but not in a way his wife couldn't hear him, "Could you please let me in and see you? I miss you, baby."

No one responded.

Du Wei became increasingly anxious.

He held the door knob, although knowing he had been locked inside which is why he was banging the door earlier on to get inside, he still desperately tried to twist the door open- the metal door knob now clacking noisily across the dark, luxurious hall.

But he didn't knew this would further anger the person across the door.

When Du Wei was just about to raise his knuckles again to tap on the wooden surface of the door, the door suddenly sprung open, and a strong whiff of mixed sweet milky scent and pomegranate fruit swam outside the room, causing Du Wei's heart to sped up.

Lan'er.... Xiao Ming....

It was his wife and child's scent.

He suddenly... really regretted attending that bar for the sake of making connections with the woman, who later on seduced him and spent more than an hour with him on the bed, resulting in him arriving at 3 am all weary and dizzy, hearing vague baby cries ringing in his ears, then he suddenly caught his beautiful wife at the kitchen mixing milk on their baby's bottle.

He had seen him wear baggy shirt and shorts because it was amidst summer, and now his slender limbs and fair skin were all exposed under Du Wei's eyes, causing him to instantly sober and his mood to improve.

But then when he hurriedly approached, about to embrace his wife from behind and get a whiff of his mate's sweet scent, he saw him turning around- shooting him a drooped phoenix eyes, void of any emotion.

Du Wei began to emit cold sweat.

His wife is mad at him.

"Lan'er...... I...."

The loud, mournful cries of their baby continue to echo within the wide living room.

Shen Lan immediately turned his back from him and rushed the stairs, opening the bedroom door across the balcony and shutting it with an earsplitting slam.

A few seconds later, the living room became quiet.

Their baby stopped crying.

Du Wei paled in fear.

That's when he hurriedly rushed upstairs and started to try begging his wife to let him in, sweat continuously dripping down his temple, his eyes widening in restlessness.

Perhaps Shen Lan became fed up due to the repetitive clacking noises, because just when Du Wei let the doorknob go, the door finally unlocked and a gloomy Shen Lan stood in front of Du Wei.

He was looking up at Du Wei, considering he's half a head shorter than the Alpha. His dark eyes stared directly at the Alpha through his scattered bangs, his face was dark as the bottom of a pot, looking totally annoyed and weary.