3. The Runaway Consort (Part 3)

Lian Wei carefully sat up from the bed, his eyes remained locked on the Emperor's figure with slight trepidation, but he knew he wasn't showing any expression on his face.... or that's what he hoped so. Lian Wei never really makes any expression, always seeming calm and unperturbed on the surface even if there were some certain situations that invoked his feelings. He wasn't acting one, in fact, perhaps it was his innate ability to appear as though everyone are rocks to his eyes. His MBTI could be ISTP....

Side means, Lian Wei is 80% certain, that he adapted this ability of the original. And he definitely isn't showing any expression to his face, the only thing that pays it back is the fact that his heart is currently thumping so fast it's starting to ache his back and chest.

To his surprise, he doubted the Emperor could be also an ISTP...

He entered, looking majestic, proud and lofty like a wolf, his facial appearance deep and cold, yet extremely handsome; he's wearing a stony face even if his eyes landed from him to his baby, frightening Lian Wei even more. He knew that this Emperor also seemed to be suffering from a face-paralysis as Lian Wei, adding from his memories of this person which caused Lian Wei to assume that they had no feelings for each other despite what the public were blabbering, all due to the fact that the Emperor always threw him a cold look, as if he's condemning his entire being.

But Lian Wei himself could tell, that the original and the Emperor were actually a match-made in heaven...

Lian Wei instantly scrambled off the bed, jolting awake from his stupor, hurriedly landing on the ground and making a clumsy bow, when the Emperor ordered him in a similarly cold and deep voice, "Stop. You don't have to do this."

He looked up in surprise, but he saw the Emperor already sitting by the bed, staring with wide eyes at his baby on the bed, who apparently- is already awake, also staring back at his father with an innocent look. Lian Wei stood up, taken aback that his baby had already woken up and actually didn't cry, but he didn't dare to approach the bed, for the lion is sitting on it.

No one talked. The Emperor shifted from just sitting idly, by slowly taking the baby's small hands to his larger ones, then to the small foot, he could somehow feel the surprise brimming from this man, although he don't show much in face. It's all the more evident from the Emperor that he must not had any child before, until Lian Wei. Lian Wei didn't say a word, neither the other person is, the only one who's talking here is the baby, babbling and blowing bubbles like what a typical baby does. He also apparently seemed happy to see the Emperor, he must've sensed that the other is his father, for he can't stop flaying his limbs around, squealing and giggling from time to time- trying to converse with his father although no one could understand what he's trying to say. But the Emperor just held the baby's hands to his fingers with a stoic face.

Lian Wei somehow felt his heart going soft.

But then suddenly, the Emperor initiated a conversation, "Zhen received your letter."

Lian Wei didn't say anything, his head started hanging down, his sweaty and trembling hands rubbing with his other hands, thinking this could calm his tense self. However, regardless if he was telling the truth on the letter or not, he'd still feel nervous and guilty for sure. No one dares to refuse the Emperor's order after all.

"At the same time..." The Emperor continued, his eyes still locked on his baby, "Your brother came."

This time, the Emperor looked up at him dark eyes, expression vague. He must've only wanted to check on Lian Wei's expression after hearing his brother's name being mentioned, and actually, he did show some expression. A shocked, yet there's some curiosity to it with the way Lian Wei's eyes widened and his head slightly tipped forward, an action that indicated he wanted to hear more of what the other has to say.