⁶⁷ ECLIPSE ᝰ c. hyoma

THE LAST PIECE — featuring chigiri
hyoma, the beautiful mvp of the book.

dark romance + divine beings! au.

𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐒 throughout the history of space said that the eclipse only happened once or twice a year by the moon passing between the earth and sun, forming a black shadow that blocks the face of the sun

as much as everyone else knew this teaching from a young age— there were some family clans that believed much of the eclipse happened from the goddess of the moon and the god of the sun meeting annually on that very same date.

it was believed by the ancestors that the two divine beings were lovers. but their love wasn't meant to be. it wasn't perfect. it was like they weren't meant to be for each other at all. for one governs the sun, and the other governs the moon.

chigiri hyoma is the ruler of day, and you are the ruler of the night. there was simply no way it was a good match. everything just doesn't click the moment you both were crowned as the god and goddess of those the star and planet.

however, there was a day for the two of you to see the face of each other again, something out of destiny's agenda. it was the solar eclipse that the humans living on earth call it.

chigiri hyoma never leaves his kingdom, the sun. he was destined to be stuck in that blazing star forever, bearing the title of ruler, king, god. that was something that he never asked for.

from a child to a divine being. chigiri simply wanted to live a simple life like the other stars, eventually exploding into nothingness which marks their end.

until the day he met you, the sun god went through horrible and strict training just to be a god so that there was a vessel for the dying old sun king. and chigiri hyoma is the vessel, the sole successor of the royal sun family for that role.

as the ruler of the moon kingdom, you were taught to be of silver, cold and mysterious. it was the etiquette of the people in the planet. so, doing something such as taking a night off from your role as ruler just to cross the universe in hopes of seeing the boy who once accepted you as an equal and treated you as a friend.

perhaps even more than that, for fate twists and feelings were involved, until fate returns to change the paths of both you and chigiri.

you ran.

you ran as much and as far as you could, forcing yourself through the silver barriers of the moon that protected the kingdom from other space enemies.

you ran until you could see the blazing flames of the sun, simply dancing around in a fiery glow. until you couldn't go close anymore, for the heat was to die for, as someone who is the complete opposite of the sun.

then there came the mighty figure of chigiri, dressed in all flames and fury. he made sure to kill the flames before running as much where you were stopped just to embrace you in a hug that could only be done twice a year. a rare hug.

because in reality, the solar and lunar eclipse happens twice a year, never more than that, except for the rare phenomenon in space that leads to it being more than two eclipses.

meaning there was no way the sun and the moon could ever be together for eternity. they are separated and bounded by their duties as rulers of their respective star and planet.

oh . . . what a truly sad fate the divine beings were destined to have.

─────────

sept 17 2023 | eclipse.