Collateral damage

Sand's POV :

I don't even know what time it is...but do I even care when he's here devouring my lips like it was the only meal he had today?

After I met Ray at the uni, I worked, and landed at my usual bar where obviously he was waiting for me.

And here we are now, at his home, all over each other as if the other one would slip away if the hands left their body for once....

We entered his room rushing and closing the door, and the next thing i know is Ray pushed me on his bed and climbed all over me while I looked up at him with something in my eyes.

Something....

...which, even though I'm not sure, I can see in the eyes of the one on top of me as well....
.
.
.
.
.
*Next Day*

I woke up with a loud knock on the door and sat up realising where and next to whom I was.

Ray slept sweetly, almost like a princess, beside me and I would observe him more, maybe write a song about it in my head, but the knock only got louder which made me stand up and walk towards the door.

I opened it only to get a bit scared.

"Ray- oh, who are you?" A middle aged man with hair jet black, probably from using the hair dye just today, wearing a navy blue suit was standing in front of me, his expressions perplexed but strict and probably is Ray's dad.

Before I spoke something he said "Are you Ray's new boy toy? And Ray why didn't you tell me you didn't mind getting dirty with the male gender too?"
And now a fully awake Ray rushed towards the door near me.

What is up with his unusual worded language though?

"Dadddd, don't call him that!! He's sand, a good friend of mine and sand, this is my dad" he said while looking at me smiling nervously.

Ofcourse this wasn't how he expected us to meet, while I was shirtless and freshly woken up.

"Goodmorning sir, nice to meet you" I said extending a hand which he didn't even look at and spoke "Oh no need to be so formal young man, it's not like we'll be meeting again unless Ray decides it's time to stop experimenting and start being serious. But then too, he won't be serious with you would he?"

And he started smiling. What does that even mean?

Ray spoke "It's not like that dad, we go to the same bar and are good friends at this point, that's where Sand performs every weekend"

To which his dad said "Oh so he's a BAR singer? This makes me feel like I know nothing about you Ray, first of all you prefer a MAN, on top of that someone who's from a different world than us?"

"Dad please stop-" "You should stop fooling around and find something serious. It's your final year of University and not much time is left until you start working." His dad just gave a speech to him and left.....

If he stayed I would've given him a "polite" answer for sure..

"Sand, I'm sorry for what he said, he doesn't think before he speaks" Ray now tried to make up for the humiliation his dad offered while looking into my eyes trying to search for some reassurance.

It's not his fault that his dad's mean girl but I feel kind of humiliated right now.

"It's fine, listen I need to get going it's already late for college" I say and start wearing my tshirt.

"Sand you are not upset with me right?" Ray asked hurriedly.

"I'm not, see you" i say walking it of his room quickly as it was super late.

Ray's POV :

What the hell just happened?? Why did dad humiliate Sand like that?

I feel bad for him, but then he's not gonna tell me if I ask him directly, so I'd rather make his mood better at night...
.
.
.
.
Narrator's POV :

Almost a week went by and nothing really changed, when Ray brought sand at his home again, the snarky comments from Ray's dad only went up.

Though Sand usually ignored those comments, one fine day he couldn't. And that started an argument between Ray's dad and Sand which of course Ray couldn't balance out well and he ended up telling Sand to go home.

The shocked and kind of hurt look in Sand's eyes scared Ray, but yet, he did not have the courage to go against his own dad. After all it's his dad. And who's sand to him? What are they to each other anyway?

Besides all this everything was fine with them that week. Sand hung out with Ray and his friend group twice where Mew was very sweet to him.

Mew was a textbook polite boy who would ask Sand a lot of questions and told him about Ray a lot. And sand would enjoy each and every story of his.

But the real hurdle, or a huge poisonous snake between the jungle was Ray's non toxic, sweet, understanding friend Boston.

Boston had his own man Nick, the one he was supposedly dating or having fun with, but he had to find another fun thing to do.

And the problem was that what was "fun" to him meant harm to everyone else around him.

This was pretty evident to Sand from the first meeting they had at Ray's party where Boston was casually taking videos of their drunk friend instead of helping him. And he continued to show his colors when they hung out together as well.

Casual sarcastic comments about how Ray can't be loyal or can't be with anyone else but his liquor were just starters in the Boston destroying friend's lives menu. But one thing about Sand which was truly remarkable was his ability to slither out and stay unbothered by such bullies.

And you would ask why are they friends with such an asshole if they know it. The answer is as simple as humans complex relationships. And how they cannot leave someone unless they do something big to them. Just like how bear grills would keep teasing a snake unless it bites him...

But what truly scared Ray to the core was that if any fine day Boston flipped and did irreversible damage to his budding relation or with SAND, If he even touched sand......even Ray didn't know what extent it could push him to.