Chapter Three

And Sophie dozed off to sleep...

Sophie woke up after having her usual nightmares and decided to get a few more minutes in bed before waking up and getting ready for school. She took a shower, brushed through her tangled hair, and tried to make herself somewhat presentable.

She couldn't believe she hadn't thought to change into her Pajamas before falling asleep.. but she had much more important things to focus on and that included everything that happened last night.

As Sophie walked downstairs dragging her satchel with her. She went to the Kitchen in hopes of finding Edaline but when she realized her adoptive mother wasn't in the kitchen she looked in Havenfield's living room and that was where she found Grady and Edaline sitting across from a very nervous-looking Keefe.

Why was Keefe sitting across from her parents? and why was he so nervous? Could they be talking about...Sophie really hoped they weren't because it would be really awkward and she didn't want to sit through "The Talk" especially since it was Keefe whom she liked and Grady hadn't really approved of him.

"Hey, Foster," Keefe said bringing her back to the present.

"Um, why are you guys sitting here?" Sophie asked.

"We need to talk," Grady said looking dead serious. So Sophie made her way to the fancy armchair and sat at the edge.

"I'm really Sor-" she began when nobody said anything. But was interrupted by Grady. "Look kiddo were not mad but we were worried also most importantly we're glad you took Sandor with you and made it back safely." Huh? I guess they weren't talking about her relationship with Keefe, Sophie thought and celebrated the fact that they weren't having the embarrassing conversation.

"Though you could've told us before you left off" he added

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you both," Sophie said suddenly becoming interested in her lace gloves as she traced the floral designs.

"Keefe explained what happened...with Vespera" Edaline mentioned

"How is Sandor?" Sophie asked changing the subject

Edaline and Grady both exchanged a look which made Sophie nervous and pull out a bunch of eyelashes.

"Sandor is..better than before Elwin healed most of his wounds but he will be on bed rest for a few days... maybe a week or so? but he will get better" Edaline provided the answer.

Sophie felt better but still bad.

Someone cleared their throat and Sophie looked across the room to find Mr. Forkle in his Magnate Leto disguise.

"Shouldn't you be at Foxfire?" Sophie asked as Keefe snorted

"Uh, Foster? you do realize you missed Foxfire today right?"

"What!?" Sophie almost yelled in shock

"Yes, Miss Foster Mr. Sencen is right that is partially why I'm here and also due to the events that occurred last night and I expect a full update on it. Mr. Forkle/Magnate Leto said "And I was informed that Vespera is dead which number's down on our enemies. And changes many things with Elysian"

"Yeah and all cause of mommy dearest and her messed up plans" Keefe muttered

"I also want to inform you that you will be having a meeting with Team Valiant here in an hour so you might want to get ready for that. While I need to speak with the collective," he said and got his Pathfinder out of his pocket. "Oh, and Miss Foster, Bo will be returning as your bodyguard since Sandor is currently on bed rest." Magnate Leto held up his Pathfinder and lept away.