Chapter Five

Sophie walked closer to the sparkle of light and saw the gold rune etched onto the wall...

Sophie walked towards the sparkle of light and saw a gold rune etched onto the wall. As she approached it, the light revealed an intricate symbol that looked as if it was engraved. When Sophie reached out to touch the border of the symbol, it disappeared, only to reappear when she moved back.

"What is it?" Dex asked curiously. 

"I think it's some sort of symbol...maybe a rune?" Sophie wondered not taking her eyes off the mysterious symbol. 

Oralie moved closer to the symbol and examined it closely.

"I think it might be a rune, If it is it would be an ancient one." She said. She was intrigued by the symbol-rune-thing. "Because I don't recognize it...unless it's something completely different."

"Do you think it has anything to do with light?" Sophie turned to Wylie.

He looked her way quickly making his way towards the mysterious rune. "Hmm..I could check which layer of light it's working with" he suggested "But it's a little difficult since sunlight is so pure and well light and fragile sometimes it is hard uncovering the thin layer due to all the thick and heavy ones surrounding it. But I'll give it a try" 

All Sophie did was nod, she didn't have much knowledge of flashers or any abilities that she didn't have despite the five she already possessed. But she did not doubt that Wylie was a powerful flasher. 

As Wylie used his ability to search through the layers of light (which Sophie had no clue of) Sophie stepped back letting him do his thing. And so part of her told her that the rune was familiar like she had seen it before somewhere. Even though Sophie had a photographic memory she still couldn't place where she had seen it. Maybe the Blackswan had kept another annoying memory in her mind, but nothing was triggering. So Sophie mentally memorized the rune making sure it was engraved in her memory so she wouldn't forget in case she came across it again. 

After about 20 minutes Wylie told the others what he found searching the light. 

"I tried searching the layers of light and..well... it's kind of hard to place exactly what I'm searching for but I do feel something beneath the surface of the thin sunlight layer." 

"Do you know what it is?" Biana asked. 

After a moment Wylie answered "...It might just be the regular feeling I get when I'm around sunlight. I don't know." His face was full of uncertainty. 

"Interesting" Oralie mumbled. 

Suddenly someone's imparter made a noise, And everyone turned to look at the technopath.

"Uh, it's Lex" Dex said and he looked up, catching Sophie's gaze. 

"You want to answer, don't you?" She transmitted 

"...Yeah I do"  

Oralie seemed to think the opposite because she said "Dex I think you should wait till we have moved from this classified location."

His face fell.

 Oralie gracefully moved to the other side of the room examining the mirror. "I think the mirror has more to do with it than the light." 

"I agree, it seems more likely," Stina said moving to Oralie's side. 

"What if it was created that way? Do you think a technopath had something to do with it?" Biana wondered facing Dex when she mentioned technopath. 

He looked up realizing Biana had just asked him a question "Huh? Oh..Um..Maybe?" he answered. 

Sophie knew he was thinking about Lex then, and she felt bad for him. But if he could find out what this could mean then she wouldn't stop him. 

"Dex can you check I think there might be something there, and the only way we'll know is if you check." 

"Yeah, you're right."  he took a step forward taking the mirror in his hand and looking for something, anything.

A/N

AHHH ITS BEEN SOOOO LONGS SINCE IVE POSTED!!

writers block is a cruel thing 😓

-Harmony