Chapter Four

"I have some news" Oralie spoke urgently...

Team Valiant was currently in Councillor Oralie's tower in Eternalia. After urgently being brought here by the Councillor; Who didn't say a single word ever since they arrived at her pink sparkly tower.

Sophie was the first to speak up and ask the Councillor why they were brought here so urgently and what news she had stored for them. "Why did you bring us here?"

"I believe I have found the crystal that leads to Hushwood" she said slowly making sure Sophie understood what she was saying. And she did. Because Hushwood could be another lead that could help them stop the Neverseen. 

"Hushwood?" Biana asked.

"Yes, Hushwood. It's a place where Councillor Kenric stored...Well, I actually don't know what he stored there but I'm sure it will be a significant place to search for us to gain information on the Neverseen and understand their motives much better." Oralie said. 

"It's also the place we found in Councillor Kenric's cache," Sophie said answering Biana's question. "And hopefully there is information or a lead to help us defeat the Neverseen."

"This mission like any other mission will remain classified and you must not speak of this to anyone and anywhere. Whatever you find will be classified and I trust you all to inform me with any new information that you all find." Councillor Oralie said as everyone nodded. 

Sophie wanted to roll her eyes but didn't think it would be a good idea since Team Valiant was in the same room as them. So she nodded instead. "Can we go now?" Sophie asked desperately wanting to follow the new lead they all had. 

"Just a moment," She said. "I advise you all leave your bodyguards here instead of coming along, don't worry Hushwood is perfectly safe and I will be assisting them,"  Oralie assured the unsure Bodyguards before proceeding to take out a small crystal necklace. 

The bodyguards all left the pink tower and waited out the door. 

"I found this while I was searching my personal belongings. Kenric had given it to me. I thought it was just an ordinary necklace with a pretty green crystal." Oralie looked like she was in the past replaying the memory in her head because, for a few moments, it looked like she had forgotten they all were there standing in her tower. 

"but then I realized that Kenric was wearing this same crystal around his neck when he was in Hushwood with Prentice." She said fidgeting with the green crystal. 

It took a moment for Sophie to realize what she had said. 

"My dad?" Wylie's eyes widened "Why was my dad there?"

Oralie turned pale and froze. She must've forgotten Wylie was there with them since she mentioned Prentice. 

After a few moments, she finally spoke. "I believe Kenric had an offering position he wanted your father to take. But Prentice had declined that offer in order to keep his family safe." 

Wylie thought about what Oralie said and then replied, "Do you think he might know something about this?" 

"I'm not actually sure if Prentice would still have knowledge of this though I doubt it, there might be a chance. But his mind hasn't been healed for very long he might be still adjusting to everything." 

"He is" 

"Then I think it would be best for us to wait until his mind has become stronger to process this information" 

Wylie nodded understandably. Sophie wasn't sure how he was truly reacting to the newfound information and a part of her felt like she failed to keep the secret a secret. But when she looked at Wylie his expression seemed to hold a burden.