Chapter 4

Mk awoke with the sunlight shining through the roof of branches above. It took a while to remember what happened last night, but he soon came to his senses. As he got up to walk around a find something to eat, he noticed some movement coming from the hilltop.

"What was that?" He asked himself as he slowly walked out of the woods and into the sunlight. He stood there for a moment, trying to look up at the tip of the hill, but he heard a twig snap behind him.

Mk's ears twitched the sound and turned around. The color drained from his face. It was Macaque. "Macaque?! What are you doing here?" Mk shrieked. Macaque walked slowly toward him and put a hand on his shoulder.

"you know this is a dumb idea. you're 20, you know better..." Macaque muttered. Mk shook his head and snarled. "I know what I'm doing Macaque! I can handle myself just fine without anyone else!" Mk bumped into a tree a macaque teleported infront of his face.

"Okay, but don't say i didn't warn you. Monkey king is sick, and he WILL miss you."

Macaque vanished into the ground after that. Mk stood there, staring at the ground for a moment. He turned a continued to walk up the mountain, thinking about what just went down.

"Monkey king is 'sick'? What does that mean?" He wondered, sitting down at the top of the hill, staring at the clouds and all the shapes they made. Eventually, Mk did start to get a bit hungry, and stood up.

He saw that there were some grape hanging from a bush, and he walked toward it. Suddenly he stopped and stared at his tail.

"What if i just..." he thought. And he did. He grabbed the bundle of grapes with his tail and plucked it off the branch, dropping into his hand. Mk was shocked. He started jumping up and down, and suddenly, his feet didn't hit the ground.

He looked down, and he was balancing on his tail. He was ecstatic. He was grinning ear to ear as he started to eat his grapes.

"Aw yeah, day one by myself and i've already done better than at home! I could get used to this!" He laughed, forgetting about Macaque's warning.

. . . .

"Pigsy, have you seen Mk at all today?" Tang asked, sitting at the counter near the kitchen.

"Nah, i was at the store. Did you see him?" Pigsy answered, stirring something in a pot. Tang hesitated for a moment. "Umm, no? I've been up for hours and he hadn't come down from upstairs at all."

"Huh, what time is it now?" Pigsy asked himself, checking his phone. It was 10 am "did he say he had training at all today?" Tang shook his head.

Pigsy turned off the stove. "MK! ARE YA STILL SLEEPING UP THERE?!—" He shouted, "C'MON KIDDO!" There no sound of the was usual fall of books or shoes, or jumping and clamoring to run downstairs. The two looked at each other, with a look of unspoken agreement and started over to the staircase.

"Mk? Are you alright?" Tang called from outside the room. He jiggled the doorknob, and it was jammed. Pigsy rolled up his sleeves.

"Kid, if you don't get up right now and open this door, im gonna break it down!" Tang backed up slowly. Pigsy readied himself and slammed his arm into the door. It a few tried, but eventually, the door opened. They two looked upon a surprisingly clean room, with a note written quickly and messily on notebook paper, which was placed on Mk's dresser.

Pigsy read it slowly, sadness and concern washed over him, and ran toward the open window facing the beach. Pigsy looked to Tang, who was very confused.

"He's... He's gone."

. . . .

"Mei, darling! Are you ready to go get breakfast?" A female voice called. It was Mei's mother. "Yes, mom! Just one second!" Mei scrolled on her snapchat messages and clicked on Redson's profile. She messaged him a picture of her aggressively gripping a dress he had made for her.

She snapped the photo and posted it on her story, and Redson responded in a few minutes.

"Mei! Do NOT hold the dress like that! You'll ruin the velvet!" Mei rolled her eyes and slowly put on the dress. It was a green velvet dress with gold jewels and satin embellishments. She quickly ran downstairs with her phone to meet her parents.

"Oh you look so pretty, darling! Where did you get that?" Her mother asked, smoothing out the bottom of Mei's dress. "My friend Red made for me—" she added. "He's pretty awesome, haha!"
As she was putting on her shoes, her phone rang.

"Oh! Its Tang and Pigsy! Wonder why they're calling!" She walked out onto the deck of her hotel and answered the call.

"Hello, Piggy!" She answered happily. But her demeanor and expression did not stay happy for very long. Mei's parents listened quietly from the window as their daughter listened intently to the call. She hung up soon after, walking back into the hotel and standing by the counter.

"Mei? Are you alright? Whats wrong?" Her mother queried. "You look... scared." Her father added.

"Mk... he's missing! Pigsy and Tang went into his room and he was just, gone! They don't know where he went or why, he's just.. gone!"

. . . .

There was a light knock on the door to Wukongs room. He lie there in his bed, turning his head weakly to see the door. "Come in!" He shouted.

"...hey, peaches. I brought you some food." Macaque whispered, slowly placing a tray in front of Wukong, and sitting him upright. "How are you feeling?" He asked wearily.

"I dont feel like myself. Im the Monkey King! I should be chilling outside, eating peaches and training with—" Macaque cut him off, "With Mk." Wukong lowered his head slightly and sat back. "I hate this 'bedridden' thing! I cant feel my legs! I've been sitting here for two days straight!"

Macaque giggled, then looked away solemnly. "Listen, Wukong... Mk left town last night to go train like we did. I tried to convince him to come back but you know how he is. I'm worried that this—" macaque gestured to Wukong's body, "this... isn't going to go away or get any better." Macaque felt tears slowly start to swell in his eyes, but he managed to blink them away.

""Mangoes, c'mon! Im the Monkey King! Im immortal, remember—" macaque stood up quickly, causing the tray to wobble. "BUT WHAT IF ITS NOT TRUE IMMORTALITY, WUKONG?! What if... immortality mean you turn to stone, eh?!" Macaque grabbed wukong's hand, which had grown a stone layer around it. Wukong looked down and pulled his hand back.

"Mangoes, i love you, but i don't want to think about dying right now. Can i please just eat my breakfast?"

Macaque nodded and pulled a chair near the bed. He sat down and laughed. "I love you too peaches, and i'll be here until the very end."

——

HELLO I'M SO SORRY FOR DISAPPEARING FOR SO LONG!! I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter :> please feel free leave comments

ALSO THANK YOU FOR 1.15K READ HOLY WHAT- was not expecting everyone to like this book lol. I'm gonna try and write more, and thats a promise, but school this year is SUPER STRESSFUL AND IMPORTANT- so yeah, ilysm, and i'll see yall later 👍