[4] -I don't wanna be special, no no, I just wanna survive

Now Playing: More Than Survive from Be More Chill

---

You've been living with your aunt since you were expelled from Glandus, since she lives closer to Hexside. But now you were gone from Hexside too, and this time it wasn't a complete dread to say so.

"Aunt Sal, I'm moving into the Emperor's castle." You shout as you put your shoes away.

"WHAT?" She rushes into the hallway where you were about to walk into your room.

"I won." You smile.

"You?

"Hey!"

"Sorry." She laughs. "I- Are you being serious?"

"Mhm." You nod. "Scouts are gonna come pick me up in the morning, I should pack."

"I- N/N, you're moving out at 15?"

"Sure am." You laugh. 

"And Hexside?"

"No more!" You exclaim. "I'm gonna have a room in the castle and I'll be training with the Golden Guard."

"The Golden Guard? Titan, this is insane." She says. "Have you told your parents?"

"Um.. not yet." You shake your head.

"You gotta talk to them, sweetie." She puts a hand on your shoulder.

"I will!" You nod. "I should pack, though."

"Of course." She nods. "I'll get us something special for dinner."

"Thanks." You smile.

---

THE NEXT DAY 

---

"This is your room." The Golden Guard says, opening the door to an empty, bland bedroom, ending your tour of the castle.

"Am I allowed to decorate?" You ask, hauling your suitcases inside.

"Yeah." He nods. "We start training at 6:30."

"PM?"

"AM."

"Holy shit."

"Language."

"Holy balls."

"That's worse."

"Sorry, sir." You say, embarrassed by how disrespectful you were being. 

"Is 6:30 a problem? Because that's me being generous." He crosses his arms, and you mentally facepalm.

"No, no not at all."

"Great. I'll leave you to get settled. The cafeteria is down the stairs and the biggest doors in that first hallway, you'll be able to find yourself dinner there tonight." He explains before walking away.

"Thank you so much, sir." You nod.

"Good luck." He mutters, walking away. You step into the room, leaving your bags out on the floor for a minute as you close the door behind you and lean against it. You slide down to the floor, staring at the brick wall. 

"Holy shit, I live here." You mutter.

You tried to start unpacking, but got bored quickly. At least you now had f/c sheets and pillows and some fun posters of your favorite movies and artists up on the wall. You grabbed one of your plushies and laid down in your new bed, holding it close to your chest as you zoned out. 

Were you really cut out for this?
Probably not.

You were here by pure luck, and whatever the coven had seen in you before.