Ch 11: The World's Reaction

{Author's Note: Just a heads up, I decided to do this my way. I will still follow the original G.A.T.E, but I will make some changes, and events in the canon will happen when I want them to. So, don't ask why some events will happen earlier than others. Also, I'm not a politician, so I don't know how politics work. Everything written here about politics is a product of my imagination.}

----This chapter is written by Void-King----

Due to the warning that Rimuru had given, the world leaders, along with their allies, immediately called for an emergency meeting. The North Atlantic Treaty Organization, or more commonly known as NATO, held a meeting with its members.

Representatives from each member, such as the United States of America, the United Kingdom, Germany, Canada, and so on, were already present in the meeting hall.

Once every member had arrived, the meeting hall fell silent, and no words were spoken by any of the representatives from different NATO members.

That is untill The speaker went to the podium and began to speak.

"I thank you all for attending this emergency meeting, and I apologize for this sudden call. A new concern has arisen in the Pacific, and we want to know the opinions of our members regarding the warning that the person known as Rimuru Tempest issued towards one of our member county, which is the United States," the speaker said as he scanned the room to see if someone would rise their hand and voice their opinion about Rimuru.

The silence was broken when the representative of the United States raised his hand.

"Yes, representative from the United States?"

"I would like to voice our opinion. Our President and our military experts have concluded that the warning given to us by this Rimuru is nothing but propaganda to shake us and create panic within our government," the United States representative said.

"I hate to be frank, but have you not seen the images that the Japanese government showed us? The country known as Tempest possesses aircraft that are beyond the capability of our 5th generation fighters. Yet, you are saying that the warning given to your country was just propaganda to shake your government?" the representative from Canada asked. Although there was no doubt that the United States of America was the most powerful nation in the world and the strongest member of NATO, they couldn't deny the fact that Tempest was more advanced than the Americans.

Their assertion that the warning issued to them was mere propaganda raised concerns on the Canadian representatives.

{A/N: Hey, don't hate me on this. I love America, but I need some cocky leaders to make this more exciting.}

"Representative from Canada, we assure you that even though the fighters that Japan showed us may be advanced, it doesn't mean that they are indestructible. According to our experts, those weapons are just 5-10 years more modern than ours," the US representative said.

This statement piqued everyone's curiosity in the room. To clarify, he explained that the United States was already developing a 6th generation superiority aircraft with capabilities similar to those of Tempest's aircraft.

Furthermore, he assured that the United States would continue to fulfill its duty to help their allied countries improve their capabilities. All of what the representative said had been approved by their president to support their allied nations and Control their decision in the shadows.

What he and the US government did not know was that Tempest was more than just a single country. Since they didn't know that Tempest was an intergalactic empire that reached vast the space and had colonized hundreds of thousands of planets within the vast expanse of the universe.

Although some members were still skeptical about what he said, they didn't voice their concerns, as many of them relied on the US to protect their borders, especially due to Russia's increasing hostility towards the borders of Ukraine.

***

In Moscow, Russia, the President of the Russian Government was also having a meeting due to Rimuru's warning. The Russian government handled this with more arrogance than the United States, believing that Rimuru issued this warning merely to intimidate them and deter their plans.

"Mister President, how would you like us to handle this?" one of the members of the Russian government asked.

"We will proceed with our plan. We want those groups here on our soil, and we will extract information from them. After that, we will need to secure the gate in Japan. We need to move fast, as we are not the only ones aiming to establish a foothold beyond that gate," the president said.

In China, they also dismissed Rimuru's warning and aimed to obtain not only the Special Region but also land in Tempest, as they sought more resources from this foreign lands, disregarding the threat of an unknown force that is in front of them.

***

In the sea region, the ASEAN or The Association of Southeast Asian Nations held an emergency bilateral talk. Unlike NATO, Russia, and China, these particular Group of countries handled the situation more rationally. They weighed the pros and cons of the warning. Each member of ASEAN came to an agreement that having Tempest as their ally was better than making an enemy of them.

Led by their five founding members, the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, and Thailand, the Association of Southeast Asian Nations decided to establish diplomatic relations with Tempest, with Japan playing a key role in these negotiations.

Back in Japan, the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the entire Japanese government were present in a hall. Sugawara informed everyone about the negotiations that had taken place that day. Every person in the Japanese government was in disbelief at the benefits they would gain from their relationship with Tempest. Some were skeptical, but they didn't voice their concerns, as they were eager to see if traveling to vast space was achievable with Tempest's help.

"What will happen to our alliance with the United States after this? Rimuru Tempest-dono issued a warning to them, and they could see this as a potential threat. They might do everything necessary to stop our diplomatic relationship with Tempest," one of the people at the Japanese meeting asked.

"We will still keep our alliance with the United States. However, if we are attacked by them, I have ensured that we will have an ally to help us defend ourselves," Sugawara said.

"Does that mean?"

"Yes, Tempest has promised to aid us in times of need, and I have not seen a hint of greed or any ill intentions towards us. The words of Testarossa-dono are, in all honesty, reassuring," Sugawara replied, reassuring the people in their government that even if the US turned its back on them, they would still have an ally to support them.

Unknown to them, they had not only allied themselves with an intergalactic empire but also with the Supreme God of the Multiverse.

Meanwhile, this Supreme God was seen sleeping at someone else's house, and being sandwiched between Shuna, Chloe, and Rory, Rory for some reason was sleeping next to Rimuru. Not because she wanted to, but because the apartment was too small and there was too many people in their group, since in this  Apartment live  only one person and that is Itami's ex-wife, Risa.

---To be continued---