The Divine Web

Neia, The Spider Priestess Pov:

Location: Divine City of Arachnumec, Mexico

"May the threads of your fate be spun by Lady White!" Neia, dressed in her sacred white robes, spoke to one of the citizens who had come to the sanctum and prayed to the Supreme One.

The divine beasts created by Lady White had already departed. Everyone was sad as they could no longer serve them by offering food and basking in their glory while listening to the tales of the Supreme One.

This settlement had been renamed as the Divine City of Arachnumec. The city where the Spider Goddess first spread her divine presence.

The sanctum's massive stone pillars soared high, supporting a ceiling adorned with shimmering gemstones that mirrored the night sky. The auspicious colour of white was visible in every direction.

At the centre of the sanctuary, an ornate altar fashioned in the likeness of a magnificent spider's nest awaited, its delicate patterns woven from precious stones and metals.

Elaborate murals graced the walls, telling tales of the Supreme One's legendary deeds, her divine powers, and her benevolent rule.

The place used to conduct rituals and worship the false gods they believed in had been demolished and in its place stood this sanctum of worship. Neia got enraged every time she thought about their false placed beliefs in these false gods.

Luckily, the Supreme One had brought them back onto their rightful path and given Neia the opportunity to fulfill her true calling as the apostle of the Supreme One. She did not know why she was selected as the apostle but she was determined to fulfil her sacred duty.

It was no surprise that Neia was at the top of their hierarchy now. While just a few weeks prior it would have been unfathomable that an ordinary person at the lowest strata of society would suddenly be the leader of them all.

Of course, this was all due to the aforementioned divine grace that the Supreme One had bestowed upon her. For the chosen apostle of god to be in the highest position was an undeniable fact that citizens agreed.

Those few handfuls of people whose interests were harmed and who tried to play little tricks to usurp power were ruthlessly curbed by the citizens themselves before the Supreme One or her subordinates arrived. They could not show the filthy side of the populace to the Goddess after all.

The sanctum was a divine work carved with remarkable precision by skeletons brought over by one of the Supreme One's subordinates. They were called 'undead', a term completely foreign to her.

But none of the citizens were surprised as their feeble minds could never understand God's divine might.

These undead are the sinful souls who were not allowed to be reincarnated as they had committed crimes and left the embrace of the almighty Supreme Beings. They were visible moving about the entire settlement carrying out tasks tirelessly.

They would be tasked to toil for all eternity and work to repent for their sins. This was one of the lowest punishments that sinful souls could obtain. There were much more dreadful punishments depending on the severity of a person's crimes.

Naturally, the citizens were freaked out after hearing but a few of the punishments possible, and their faith grew stronger as a result. They were more eager to prove their faith.

Neia was not scared off by the punishments. She felt that those who deviated from the path defined by the supreme beings deserved as much so she was not sympathetic to those fools who dared to defy the spider goddess.

The Supreme One's subordinate whose name was Demiurge had apparently been tasked with watching over them. He had looked over the construction of this sanctum and told of the divine tales of the Supreme Beings. Gods who created and ruled over everything.