Unfazed Guardian

Third Person PoV:

Location: Divine City of Arachnumec, Mexico

Cocytus stood calmly in front of the bodies of the Asgardians that lay scattered on the ground before him. They all had a rather clean death without any signs of torture. A death that was rather rare if dealt out by those from Nazarick.

While their once golden armours were now covered with splashes of blood, they were not very damaged. Cocytus was designed to be a warrior. He had allowed these soldiers a warrior's death with dignity because he had been created as such.

Truthfully, he felt they did not deserve such an easy death as he had heard whatever they had said about the spider goddess. There was also the fact that they had intruded on the lands governed by Nazarick, even if that was an intended part of a grander plan orchestrated by Lady White.

The defeat that the Cocytus under Lord Momonga's command suffered was the greatest dishonour he had suffered until now. Granted, it was not him who lost but the facts did not change.

This dishonour could scarcely be surpassed, except perhaps by Cocytus facing defeat once more, potentially resulting in Lady White's permanent departure from Nazarick or, even more tragically, her demise.

Cocytus reflected on the recent battle he had engaged in with the Einherjar. To some extent, he could empathize with the Asgardians, for they too possessed the heart of warriors, a sentiment he deeply understood.

However, the comparison ended there. Unlike the lizardmen of the Overlord series, these Asgardians had not garnered his respect. He saw no reason to appeal to the Supreme One for mercy on their behalf.

The fight itself was rather simple for a seasoned warrior like him. Cocytus was nowhere near doing his best in this squabble after all.

He was also trying to put on a decent show for the Spider Goddess who must have been casting her gaze down here. But his expectations had been let down by the Asgardian warriors...

***
*Flashback:*

Cocytus stood near the barrier that shielded the city of Arachnumec from the outside world. His carapace glistened in the dim light as the Einherjar, the elite warriors of Asgard, charged towards him with thunderous battle cries.

The battle was fierce, a symphony of clashing steel, the thud of heavy blows, and the crackle of arcane energy.

Cocytus fought with calculated precision, his six bladed limbs a deadly dance of death. Each strike he made was both a testament to his skill and a show of respect for his opponents. Each strike was meant to kill each warrior quickly and painlessly.

The Einherjar and the sorcerers, undeterred by the overwhelming might of their foe, fought with unwavering determination. They attacked in coordinated waves, attempting to pierce Cocytus's formidable defences. Blow after blow, spell after spell, they pressed on, displaying the warrior spirit that had earned them their place in Asgard's ranks.

Cocytus parried their attacks with ease, his admiration for their tenacity growing with every clash of steel and burst of magic. "Impressive," he murmured between strikes, his speech marked by deliberate pauses. "But. Ultimately. Pointless."

Bjorn and his warriors, along with the sorcerers, fought valiantly, their eyes burning with the fire of battle. They were unyielding, their determination unbroken even as they faced an opponent of incomparable strength.

As the battle raged on, the Einherjar began to show signs of fatigue. Their attacks slowed, and their defences weakened.

Bjorn, realizing their inevitable death, spoke again. "We fought with honor... for Asgard. Even if we die here, your goddess will have retribution wrought down by the ruler of the nine realms while we ascend to Valhalla."