004

The woman's bare back glows as sunlight peeps through the window railing. The body relaxed and one hand moved to the left, searching for

Himani opened her eyes abruptly, astonished to see the bed next to her empty. She gets up, carefully clutching the blankets around her body, to see him standing by the door, dressed in his blue shirt and denim trousers and socks.

"Come to the bed," Himani said. He gazed upon her, her brown skin gleaming in the early morning light.

"No, I'm heading out. Ensure your own well-being." Achintya stands up as the woman gets out of bed and her eyes change.

"You departing, what do you mean? Please stay". Himani begs, holding onto his upper arm with one hand while encircling herself with the sheet with the other.

He cannot depart in this manner. Definitely not, no. How is he able to? And did he just forget it like that after their long night together?

"I meant what I said. I'm leaving,not because you are not memorable, so don't worry, but I'd rather keep it that way." Before she could say anything more, he was at the door, making his way out.

___

"Tough day?" Roopa hands the glass of the water to her husband. Raghuveer has took upon extra duties more than he can handle.

"Even though Radha refuses to take our help, as her elder it is my job to make sure she and the children are provided enough. She will not ask but that does not mean I can not give." Was his words.

"Hmm...did the Pooja in three houses and then one couple came to the temple for their son's naamkaran, the market has gone to the chaos now that Chaudhary's are hosting their youngest son's birthday party and it created the more traffic than the roads of the Begusarai's can handle."

She took the glass from his hand,as he made his way to the bathroom "where are the children?"

"Amu and Maithili have come to stay since tomorrow is Sunday with Radha and Ammaji."

Nodding his head, he entered the bathroom,locking the door behind himself.

_

Raghuveer eyes the way the four of his children were looking, snickering and giggling,mouths busy in chewing as faster as they can,the way Maithili and Gola looks like the kicked kitten and how Shivu and Amu were grinning like the cats.

It did not take him long to connect dot to the dot, that, again his youngest has fallen in the trap of the eldest.

"What you two did this time?" Shivangi and Niyati both looked at him like he is accusing them falsely.

"Who...us? Nah..what we will do papa?" Niyati nods her head eagerly to support her sister's words.

Raghuveer points his hands to his left,"these two look likes the kicked puppy while you too looks like the devils. Explain?"

Both of the girls looked at each other, looking a bit shaken, eyes big and face turned in the pout. "Nothing."

"Haha.. yes nothing. Trust us." Niyati passes her nasty glare to her younger siblings. "Not them. "

Raghuveer knows the lost cause when he sees one, and this, was one. Shivangi and Niyati loves to pull pranks, one time they actually mixed the roohafza and chilli powder in the drink of that one who would not stop forcing them to marry Shivangi to her son.

"You two, Speak up." It was a bit hard for the youngers to speak against their eldest who gives them puppy eyes as not to spill the beans but ignoring Raghuveer was just the big no.